Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   new challenger price (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/new-challenger-price-503/)

1970plumcrazyrtse 08-08-2006 05:26 PM

new challenger price

called my local dodge dealer today and asked him if he had a rough idea of what the new challenger would cost. he told me that there will be a very limited production run, and the msrp is around $45,000 but they plan to sell them for $50,000-$55,000.[:@]
what the hell gives i thought they wanted to keep it competitive with the mustang, not a god damn corvette.

TechmanBD 08-08-2006 06:08 PM

RE: new challenger price

He is probably saying this, so people think that is true and come down and put a down payment on it and lock a deal.

1 Bad Mirada 08-08-2006 06:37 PM

i dont think that they have any intention of competing price wise with the mustang...

and if youve not worked at a dealership, there is no one in the sales dept who isnt at least 90% full of crap.

uthustler 08-12-2006 04:02 PM

he is full of it. Price will be between $34,000 and $39,000.

DEPOSITMADE 01-19-2007 09:50 AM

My dealer said the same for te R/T 34k - 39k. SRT alot more I'm sure.

1 Bad Mirada 01-19-2007 12:45 PM

but will it be the 6.1L RT shown by the DETCHA car?

MotionParts.com 06-21-2007 01:54 PM

Unless your dealer is related by blood, don't listem to em!

Puthy 06-22-2007 06:15 AM

listem im going to rant if u work at a car dealership stop reading now. When i was younger if i was selling boy scout things and my father seen me OBVIOUSLY LYING he would have beat the hell out of me and shown me "you do not lie to people". Is it because im so young or why is it so hard for me to understand what gives dealerships the rights to flat out "lie" to people and yes thats exactly what most of them do and the one is doing in your position. I am very good friends with someone very high up in a dodge dealership here in the southeast and he would not lie when he said "man if i knew a go by price i would tell you obviously to get you to lay some money down on it" instead of being a jerk face. I find them low-life pethetic waste of society. If i wanted to do wrong with my life i would be a drug dealer or a pimp. I chose my path to make an honest living and to service others in the power supply industry.

I'm sorry for ranting i just can't take seeing someone trying to screw someone else.

fatcat 08-02-2007 02:10 PM

OK Here goes my very first post. I've been a member here since this site was first posted . Has anyone read the september issueMotor Trend magazine?. Well I personally do not think that Motor Trend or Chrysler Corp would publish a lie or allow it to be published as to the price of the new Challengers. The article gave a base price range for both HEMI motors as between $30,000 and $32,000 BASE prices. Now thats with " I believe" no options of any kind. I just don't think they would take a chance and publish those prices without either some knowledge of some kind or permission from Chrysler that your close enough. So what do you guys think ?? Let me know with your replies or E-mail me at ...gs_80_86@yahoo.com if you'd like to chat or whatever. OH and by the way I intend to buy a new Challenger as soon as they become available and any preium prices are no longer assessed on top of MSRP. Now I'm sure that will take a few months. Happy Challenger Buying To All " FatCat"
PS:It will be the Orange color or tthe Lime green if available???????

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/AAC7370EAD6D4324A9EAA1B6A146829A.jpg[/IMG]

Paladin06 08-02-2007 02:18 PM

I have that magazine and read that article. I called my friend at the Dodge dealer and he indicated that those numbers DID NOT come from Chrysler. The dealership has no pricing on the Challenger as of this date.

fatcat 08-02-2007 02:55 PM

OK, if he is a real employee of Chryser Corp and can't answer because of some secrecy clause he signed . But I wonder if thses prices are close because I just can't imagine that MOTOR TREND MAG would risk their reputation and they do have the longest and best reputations arond in the Automoblie business.

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/A8B1FE73578446BFBAE8AFC63368F826.jpg[/IMG]

fatcat 08-02-2007 04:37 PM

Now I'm wondering if your friend from the Dodge Dealership has no prices yet from Dodge Div of Chrysler Corp then how does he know or so sure that those prices are not from Chrysler Corp? Me thinks the Motor Trend Magazine people have some contact with Chrysler, after all they will road test this car and write a lot about it as more is known. I have 2 very close friends also in a Chrysler and Dodge dealership and they have told me they have seen nor heard any info as to the Challenger other than its debuting on Febuary 8th, 2008 and it should be in dealerships within 2 weeks of that. We shall all see then I guess and know the real prices too, ahaaaaaaaa LOL......but its fun to talk about it and kills some of the agonizing waiting time till CHALLENGER DAY .....YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/0A1D3A64B0F540F194E80B2DD4769736.jpg[/IMG]

cncpt2prod! 08-02-2007 05:22 PM

Based on the MT article, my guess for the 2008 RT launch...

$30K: 5.7L base manual
$32K: 5.7L base auto

$37K: 6.1L base manual
$39K: 6.1L base auto

The 6.1 is a little steep for my blood.

RLSH700 08-02-2007 06:48 PM

Motor Trend is not always accurate like everytype of media outlet. I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point, just be patient.

cncpt2prod! 08-02-2007 08:47 PM

I know, I'm trying to be patient, but...
http://pictures.topspeed.com/cars/do...g/b/99-29w.jpg

Yankee 08-03-2007 02:27 AM

I can only hope (can only HOPE...) that Dodge dealers don't do what the Pontiac dealers did when the GTO came out in 04 - they had all sorts of dealer markups, plus they had Fort Knox-style security around them, and forget about test driving one unless you were willing to put a several thousand dollar deposit on it (and they WONDERED why the cars weren't selling...). Finally later on in the year I was able to get one for several thousand off sticker (go figure, eh?).

That's why I'm not even gonna think about a first year 08 model. Late 09 at the earliest, I'll go for a late 09 or an early 010.

Axel 08-03-2007 11:32 AM

Oh I'll go for a first year, but if they try to rape me then forget it. I have yet to see a "retro" car come out where they didn't do that. I'm thinking if I can be patient though and just sit back and relax then I can get one with the Chrysler discount through my job here, no I don't work for Chrysler, but we do have a program. All cars eventually end up on there. The Mustang, was a year after, not sure about the GTO, and the Charger is on there. They were "reluctant" to give me the Mustang at the discount, but I'm sure the way Ford is hurting in sales and how the Mustang suddenly dumped off of massive sales, they had no problem doing that. I have my sports car fix, even if it's not the one that I really want at this time, so I think I can afford to be patient if need be.

PCx188 08-03-2007 12:28 PM

now are the challengers only going to be issued with 8cyl. motors or will there be on option for the 6cyl.?

zman 08-03-2007 01:15 PM

Keep dreamin guys, like I said before and I'll say it again, I highly doublt that you will get a Hemi Challenger for under 45k US, esspecially when it will be built in Canada where they are forcating that the Canuck buck will be on par with the US greenback by the new year and before the first production release of the car. It will cost more money to build that Challenger the higher our dollar climbs witch is unfortunate for all of us, and believe me they're not going to loose any money on this venture, that 's something Motor Trend didn't take in to consideration. If there's something I've learned over time is that "If It's To Good To Be True, It's usually Not". We'll just have to wait untill release time, I guarantee you not even the dealers will know the price untill then either.;)

fatcat 08-03-2007 02:16 PM

Do you really think that the exchange rate will mean another 15,000 dollars ? I don't think so .:D Anyway I'm still saving untill they sjhow up on the dealers lot and will have close to $30,000 saved so I think I just might be able to finance the rest ....AHAAAAAaaaaaaa as I cross my fingers ......Good luck to all of us that are waiting anxiously till FEBUARY 8Th at 10AM CMT.

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/D014CA97EAF34E54AEEFBA03F464C7E3.jpg[/IMG]

PVOMan 08-03-2007 03:37 PM

no pricing at this time

basic colors orange plum green

look at the charger color chart

4.0 5.7/6.1 6.4 6.9

R/T 08
SRT
basic
Vert
HO

all base on sales 5-7 year production

sister car to follow

Why Try 10-16-2007 07:32 AM

I say just wait and see. Hopefully the SRT wont be more then 40K with just the base options though

Cuda340 10-16-2007 07:54 AM

On another site, someone who attended a dealer's convention in Las Vegas reported that the first 5,500 2008 model Challengers will have 5 speed autos. The 6-speed manual will be available in the 2009 models (starting Sept. 2009). SRT base price will be $38,000 (exclusive of dealer mark-ups).

This sounds about right. I always expected the pricing to mirror that of the Charger. Here are the Charger base prices from the "Build Your Own" page at www.dodge.com:

Base= $22,575
SXT= $26,585
R/T= $31,655
Daytona R/T= $35,905
SRT= $38,930
Super Bee SRT= $41,690

dodgeit100677 10-16-2007 04:43 PM

OntarioStreetCar reports that the Challenger arrives in March as a 2008 model. That first run of 5500 cars will all be 6.1L SRT8s equipped with automatic transmissions priced at $38,000. Starting in July, the MY09 Challenger will begin production, and the range will expand to include the 3.5L V6, the regular 5.7L HEMI, and of course, the SRT8 with the 6.1 HEMI. And finally, the best news of all: on the '09 Challenger, both HEMI flavors will be available with the T56 6-speed manual transmission. We'll see the car in person at the Chicago Auto Show.

awsure 10-17-2007 09:28 AM

5500 is not a lot of cars. I can just guess what the markup on that 1st batch will be.

ericisbacchus 10-17-2007 01:48 PM

I think some of us are going to have to wait a bit. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Billionaire 10-19-2007 07:21 PM

You believed a car dealer? If you ever bought a car before from a dealer, you know they are big bunch of liars and you can expect to get lied to almost EVERY time you talk to them!

Billionaire 10-19-2007 07:26 PM

>>sister car to follow

What sister car? Will it be a barracuda?

cncpt2prod! 10-20-2007 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

On another site, someone who attended a dealer's convention in Las Vegas reported that the first 5,500 2008 model Challengers will have 5 speed autos. The 6-speed manual will be available in the 2009 models (starting Sept. 2009). SRT base price will be $38,000 (exclusive of dealer mark-ups).

This sounds about right. I always expected the pricing to mirror that of the Charger. Here are the Charger base prices from the "Build Your Own" page at www.dodge.com:

Base= $22,575
SXT= $26,585
R/T= $31,655
Daytona R/T= $35,905
SRT= $38,930
Super Bee SRT= $41,690
I'd agree. The Charger is the 4-door and the Challenger is the 2-door. They make a good pair; I like them both. The `09 R/T pricing is fitting my budget.

Frankie3521 10-21-2007 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: zman

Keep dreamin guys, like I said before and I'll say it again, I highly doublt that you will get a Hemi Challenger for under 45k US, esspecially when it will be built in Canada where they are forcating that the Canuck buck will be on par with the US greenback by the new year and before the first production release of the car. It will cost more money to build that Challenger the higher our dollar climbs witch is unfortunate for all of us, and believe me they're not going to loose any money on this venture, that 's something Motor Trend didn't take in to consideration. If there's something I've learned over time is that "If It's To Good To Be True, It's usually Not". We'll just have to wait untill release time, I guarantee you not even the dealers will know the price untill then either.;)

Your telling me R/T will be 45k? I would assume get a corvette if thats the case.

lear4406 10-21-2007 09:01 AM

If I were you guys, I'd wait and see what the deal is. The speculation is just that! The folks who want a Challenger... will get a Challenger. If you have a reason to get some other car, GO FOR IT. But to keep the price war going with no knowledge but random rumor, just does'nt make any sense to me:eek:. If you make up your mind off these slim leads, then you were on the fence to begin with. TAKE IT EASY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!:)

Jeremiah 29:11 10-21-2007 10:30 AM

For some reason, many people think the Corvette is an an old man's car???????