Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

NEWS FLASH....Chrysler talking merger with GM (NO KIDDING)

Old 10-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEWS FLASH....Chrysler talking merger with GM (NO KIDDING)

Now I have to respond to WallStreetMan (talk about a loser, get it). I just rented a Sebring Convertible and it is a very smooth running, quality built car. I also rented a Toyota Camry recently and I would never own one. It is ugly, poorly appointed and slow. There seems to be some misconception that Toyota has better quality. If you want ugly, slow cars that have a myth about quality buy a toyota. Dodge is better looking and performing in every price class. Toyota keeps getting uglier and uglier as the cost goes down. This is a planned ugliness to try to get Toyaota suckers to buy the more expensive car, but even the most expensive Toyots is ugly.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Well then Colorancher... looks like you might be in to pick a fight. Guess I have a bone to pick with you then. Seems you think your Dodge Challenger is the finest piece of metal on the road... well... I have news for you buddy... your wrong... my Challenger is the finest piece of metal on the road!!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM

Heh, heh. Yeah, Mopar2u ( I still love the handle). Maybe I shouldn't get so upset with outsiders dissin' us but I really think the Dodges are good lookin' high performing cars. Even the lower cost cars look good.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too soon and not enough information out to get a clear picture. I believe a merger could take place. But an all out buy out by GM is out of the question. The s had their place at one time. There may be another time too. But not this time. s are killing the american automakers. They have squeezed the last bit of life along with the greedy execs that are left in these Co. We have some really nice American hardware and I'd like to know where some folks come off as bad mouthing our interiors and exteriors. Heck our engines and trans too. They read these things from where ever they get their information from. I'm sure they don't have first hand expirience with every american car made. Sometimes I get so annoyed with americans because they do little research and a lot of whineing. Jump right on the information highway and take everything as fact. Do some real research and find out for yourselves about the quality of Dodge's line of cars. Stop taking Car and Driver and Road and Track at their word. Go test drive some, read other brands of magazines to compare. You might be suprised to find the 300s and Chargers as well as the Challenger are well made Automobiles. Look at what you get. Bang for the buck? Heck yeah! Start the bad mouth of the Challenger on a Challenger forum and I will ask for facts. So bring more than your oppinion... bring some real world knowledge. I thank the guys on here who have bought a Challenger and shared (good or bad) their experiences. You guys are the ones I put my stock into as for information. drive on and let us know... I too will have some first hand info ready for the doubters
Old 10-11-2008, 06:37 PM

lear... who is s..??
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

You know what's really funny... I've read so so many Hot-Rod mags that do conversions and drop a Hemi in a Camaro or some other GM car...
On another note GM isn't competing with it-self with Pontiac, Chevy, Buick, Caddillac, Etc... it's called cornering the market they are appeling to different people for each car and "brand" while the whole time are reaping all the profits...
Another funny thing if the big three merged American motor company??? Lol does anybody know about AMC??? LOL... they were rumored to come back out a couple of billionaires supposedlly are trying to buy the name and breath life into it... they've already built a couple "retro" AMC's like the Javelin and others... I guess that died with the market though... I read that in "HOT-ROD" mag about a year ago.
Go lear bro... I've put my Ram Truck through hell and back at least a couple times, shoot it was in the shop one time for a stint of at least three months and I've never had a problem... except one blown tranny... which I believe they never put transmisson fluid into it when they gave it back to me...
My mom always told me Im a walking Dodge comericial... so I'm with you bro 100...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM

wall street journal reported about an hour ago that cerbus takes GMAC and GM gets the rest (tentative)....if that happens chrysler is gone....nissan may want the ram and GM i suspect would keep jeep.....if i worked for chrysler id be thinking of what toys i have to sell....looks like the end may be near (granted this would suck but we are in historic times with rapid change)
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

U N I O N S
Old 10-11-2008, 07:44 PM

THAT WAS NOT FAIR LEAR! I sat here and came up with Senators...only S word that fit....
Old 10-11-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

Another funny thing if the big three merged American motor company??? Lol does anybody know about AMC??? LOL... they were rumored to come back out a couple of billionaires supposedlly are trying to buy the name and breath life into it... they've already built a couple "retro" AMC's like the Javelin and others... I guess that died with the market though... I read that in "HOT-ROD" mag about a year ago.
Kris... Was just a fun April Fools joke that Hot Rod played out... they did have some pretty cool concept drawings in the article though...

Quick Reply: NEWS FLASH....Chrysler talking merger with GM (NO KIDDING)