Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

NO Bailouts for the Big 3!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NO Bailouts for the Big 3!!!

Looks like that there might be no bailout anytime soon......(can be during the week or maybe nothing at all}
They say when Bush gets back to the states maybe there will be some sort of a chapter11
bailout for who ever wants one.
As of now there are still no bailouts and the goverment are still looking over GM an others Books to
see if they can go on...
To me I see GM getting something MAYBE
as for Chrysler,I see not a penny because the are a hedgefund....
And as for Ford,they are doing the BEST
Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Quaaludes714

And as for Ford,they are doing the BEST
I KNEW I shoulda bought that Bullitt Mustang I saw last summer for $31K. There will be parts for it, at least.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:26 AM

I traded a California Special Mustang GT for my Challenger R/T. I am glad to be along for the ride, whatever the outcome. The Challenger is just an all around better car for me and I believe that with Jeep being a very desireable brand, It will be purchased if no other part of Chrysler is taken. That means there will be some sort of parts network.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:15 PM

Hope you are right
The way this economy is how many out of the 7000
Pre Orders for the Camaro will be able to buy one?
I heard to get a auto loan you will need a credit rating of 730 or better in 2009.
Who knows if GM gets a bailout,there might be something to where they cannot built V8s anymore?
The Dems want Green cars and not V8s
Well I am glad I didnot get a bullit,in 2010 there will be 315Hp in a basic Gt.(big deal huh?}
Geeeee it will be between the Camaro SS or a 2010 Challenger Rt
as I said if both companys are not around I will be stuck with the 2010 Mustang Gt awwwww shucks

Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 AM

If the greenie's in the government get their way....2009 could just be the last year you will be able a to get a V-8 in any auto........(maybe 2010 if they are nice)
The Camaro may be come the most wanted 09 Chevy model that never was......
(Interesting times, to be sure...)
Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 PM

I wonder what price car dealers will cars for if any of the bigs three goes under ?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 PM

The Big 3 will drop pricing to about 50% real soon. We will see better deals if one goes under, because the dealers will fire sale inventory.

I will buy Teresa a 300 after the first of the year. I bet I can get one loaded and new for about 22,000.00
Old 12-17-2008, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

If the greenie's in the government get their way....2009 could just be the last year you will be able a to get a V-8 in any auto........(maybe 2010 if they are nice)
The Camaro may be come the most wanted 09 Chevy model that never was......
(Interesting times, to be sure...)
at least american v8's.

Bentley Ferrari and Lambo are alaways goinna be around ! And I hope the Camaro comes out I think it will , so I can SMOKE em on the road.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:15 PM

Other stuff to consider:

The European divisions of 2 (TWO) of the Big 3 have been marketing small, economic cars for years. Ford and GM sell models over there that never come to America because, to be honest, we would have never bought them in large numbers, anyway. The Big 3 sold dinosaurs over here because that's what we were willing to purchase. Not the other way around (ie. we bought SUVs and trucks because that all they gave us.) The bail-out money will be used to allow the Big 3 to do either of three things if not all 3: 1) retool the plants to build their European models here, and/or 2) kick off marketing program to promote their Euro-cars here, and/or 3) start shipping those car here from the European factories. One of the reasons Ford was least affected is due to its strong European sales of the Focus, Ka, Modeo, Fiesta, Fusion, etc (Ford's Euro-Cars. Here's GM's link: GM Europe

Why is Chrysler in trouble?? Just try and find a link to their European offerings...

Ford started this move a couple of years back when their American sales were terrible. They brought over their world car, the New World Focus, and the Fusion. Then they released their new Flex. GM has a bigger issue in that they have too many different marques and can't get a cohesive brand recognition going. People don't equate Saturn with GM and that keeps Saturn from hitting the massive numbers they need to become the anchor they should be for GM. Saturn still tries to be the defiant "little" car company. Big mistake.

So, looking at the European line-ups, how out of place does the Challenger/Charger/Magnum appear?? They could survive but Chrysler better get on the stick. BUT, don't lose heart Moparians. This was actually released in 2007:

The long-rumored model pruning has claimed the Dodge Magnum, Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible, Chrysler Pacifica and Chrysler Crossfire. According to the press release, the cuts were made to reflect Chrysler's "new customer-driven philosophy" and also in response to "dealer requests." The company is hoping the new Dodge Journey and Challenger, along with its new hybrid Durango and Aspen SUVs, will be better sellers.

On the job-trimming side, Chrysler will cut as many as 10,000 hourly employees by the end of 2008 by eliminating shifts at five North American assembly plants and through other "volume-related manufacturing actions." The company's salaried employee force will take a 1,000 person reduction and contract employment will be trimmed by 37 percent. Overtime will also reportedly be eliminated.

While obviously very bad news for Chrysler employees, the moves make sense considering the dire financial and vehicle sales difficulties the company faces. Anyone out there lamenting the loss of any of the vehicles slated to be cut?
So Chrysler has been planning for this. Hopefully not too little too late.

For more recent developments, read: Chrysler's Plan

Hopefully, the Big 3 can get the UAW out of it's pockets and truly fix themselve to be profitable in the not-to-distant future. I say the Challenger Lives, baby.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:35 PM

I write all that only to go and read this:

Brouhaha over embargoes leads to reveal of Chrysler's auto show lineup

This week we attended media events put on by Ford and General Motors called "backgrounders" that give select journalists a preview of what will be shown at the upcoming 2009 Detroit Auto Show. We signed non-disclosure agreements and agreed to embargoes, so we can't tell you what we learned or saw. Assuming the embargoes aren't broken, these events give us the ability to produce thorough, thoughtful posts on the previewed vehicles when they finally debut in early January.

Chrysler held a backgrounder for journalists this week too, today in fact. Despite being invited by Ford and GM to their backgrounders, our request for an invite to the Chrysler event was repeatedly denied by Rick Deneau, the automaker's Director of Product and Brand PR/Communications. Autoblog, Jalopnik and a number of other blogs were blocked from the event, and the reasons given are varied but seem to revolve around a misnomer that blogs can't be trusted.

Well, Mr. Deneau got his wish and banned blogs from today's proceedings, but that didn't stop all the pertinent information from getting out anyway. Jalopnik cites four journalists who attended today's Chrysler backgrounder as saying that the Chrysler vehicles and concepts scheduled to debut during the remainder of this year's auto show season (Detroit, Chicago and New York) are nothing more than "smoke and mirrors" and putting "lipstick on a foam pig." You'll find a list of what leaked out after the jump, all of which may have remained under wraps had Chrysler not decided to piss off the motoring press.

Quick Reply: NO Bailouts for the Big 3!!!