Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

No MyGig/Nav for first order 09's?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No MyGig/Nav for first order 09's?

I talked to my dealer this morning about ordering a 09 R/T but I am on hold until someone can answer my big question. Where is the MyGig/Nav? The dealer said she couldn’t highlight and add that option onto my car. What gives? This was the big option I wanted on my R/T. Anyone know what’s going on? if they have it in the 08's why wouldn't they have it on the 09's?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:06 AM

Default RE: No MyGig/Nav for first order 09's?

MyGig is only available if you choose the "J" package instead of the "F" package. Where are you at ? I'll be happy to order you one, I'm in Ohio.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:58 AM

Thank you for the offer npeifer, right now I'm sticking with my dealer because I have bought quite a few cars from her... I don't necessarily trust her but I don't trust any dealer (no offence) If something doesn’t go right you will be the first person I contact.

here is what I have been able to discern, the MyGig is available but not on the 6 speed. I have the order guide here and if I am reading it correctly to order the MyGig (Code RER) you need to order the electronics convenience group (code AFC) which is listed as not available with code DEC which is the code for the 6-speed. What gives? there are pictures out there of the MyGig with the 6 speed, but apparently you can't order it that way? Is this true?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 66Cuda

to order the MyGig (Code RER) you need to order the electronics convenience group (code AFC) which is listed as not available with code DEC which is the code for the 6-speed.
I see two different entries for RER. One has a W/AFC next to it. Is it possible that the MH/AFC you're seeing is only for that particular RER? Perhaps the order entry has two different prices for RER depending on whether you have already paid for AFC. To get the cheaper RER you must have AFC. Am I making any sense? I'm just guessing!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 AM

I follow what you're saying. But I don't know. I do not have access to Dealer connect and I have been badgering Dodge Engineers left and right trying to find someone who knows but so far I have nothing to go on. I talked to a engineer in the radio department who released the MyGig and he said it isn't tied to the transmission... I still seem to be stuck though.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:19 AM

RER My Gig/ Nav is not tied to any transmission, just tied to packages. J package(any tranny) on R/T, and X package(any tranny) on SRT's.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 AM

Apparently there is some kind of glitch in the system. I got a message from the product planner at Dodge who said that Mygig is available for all models. My dealer can't get it to work when she has 27J code selected. She said it could be a day or two before she is able to order my car the way I want it...
Old 05-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Yep, clitch in the system. There's an update posted in comments at RLD by Rob Frederick. Dodge is aware of the problem.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 PM

I don't need all the extra things that weigh the car down even more like MyGig, and Nav. I just wont a big Hemi(6.4), a 6 speed, and a open road.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 PM

Yea apparently it had to do with the fact that mygig comes in an options package that also includes remote start. . . . which is a bad thing to have with a manual transmission. So there will be a different options package for the manual that doesn't include the remote start.

Quick Reply: No MyGig/Nav for first order 09's?