Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Observations from the famous RudySRT.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Observations from the famous RudySRT.

i know some srt's and r/ts are going for invoice or better but I guess it's just the area but the main shock for me was seeing 25 on the lot.

i've seen 5 in the last year on the streets and most were on South Beach blasting there music at 3am on the strip like me.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: AF Pilot

got my R/T 6spd with leather and sunroof for 2K under sticker. They seemed well aware of the auto crisis and gave me the price and very low financing that I wanted...none of theirs had markups
Some dealers ARE willing to deal - you may have to travel a bit to find one, but they're out there. I had to go 4 hours to Ft Worth but it was well worth the trip.

IMHO there's NO excuse for paying MSRP anymore, let alone a markup - if saps are STILL paying markups, they deserve all the scorn they can get. [:'(]
Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

... if saps are STILL paying markups, they deserve all the scorn they can get. [:'(]
Of course, some wise individuals (who will remain nameless out of modesty) have said this from Day One about people who pay markups for any car, let alone the Challenger.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM

In South Florida you can't get an SRT8 without a markup so I guess Roswell south florida people aren't in Challengers , I think Kevin can back this up ...
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM

this is miami ..markup city
Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM

but yea not many challengers out here at all....barely see them ....only an orange srt8 lol which is likely rudy riding around town, and a red one and a black se
Old 12-17-2008, 11:23 AM

Dude, I drove from Atlanta to Orlando to buy a motorcycle for $4k less than what the local dealers were selling for. If you come to Atlanta you can get your Challenger for under MSRP.

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

this is miami ..markup city
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Yeah. Sometimes, you gotta travel to get a good deal. Yesterday, you could have gone to Denver and got an SE for $16,999. If I'd have had the day off, I probably woulda done it.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:08 PM

epegasus, what dealer did you get yours from? I got mine from Landmark Dodge just south of ATL
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
[Of course, some wise individuals (who will remain nameless out of modesty) have said this from Day One about people who pay markups for any car, let alone the Challenger.
Yup, I'm one of those individuals too. I've never (ever) wanted a car bad enough to pay a markup (or even MSRP). Never been one of those who HAS to be the first-on-the-block to have the latest and greatest.

I still remember people actually paying markups for Mazda Miatas (and PT Cruisers, of all cars) when they first came out... just shows there really is a sucker born every minute.

Quick Reply: Observations from the famous RudySRT.