Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

OK, help me out here

Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, help me out here

I feel a bit embarassed by asking these, but I need to know...

What exactly are those 6 little lights that surround the high-beam headlight (I assume it's the high beam headlight...). Are those strictly for looks or are they supposed to serve some kind of purpose?

Also... are the fog lights integrated with the front turn signal lamps? Or is that what those 6 little lights are supposed to be?

Someone knowledgable please inform.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Default RE: OK, help me out here

i'd have to check it out for you, since i always just turn all the lights on when displayed on a turntable, the lower lights are the turn signal, give me a day or two to get back there and check it out for you.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 PM

It's going to be a "Summer of '08" for me!
That front end is absolutely beautiful.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:59 AM

Just my guess, but I would assume they are some sort of LED projectors to enhance the highbeam.
The last run of Infiniti Q45's had LED headlights and looked somewhat similar.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:04 AM

Those are Led's as 08plumbcrazy stated, but i highly doubt they will make it to production.

Please dont consider them fog lights, mopar fanatics like to call them road lamps..
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 PM

I read somewhere its supposed to look like 'looking down the barrell of a 6 shooter revolver' I guess the way the gauge cluster is supposed to look like 'looking down at exposed cylinder heads'. This is to further enhance the effect of the shift knob that used to be wood pistol(revolver-like) in older challenger that is now like a 'glock' type look(retro to modern). Hope they keep all 3!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yes all of the original articles referred to the as 6 shooter revolvers and the gauges as looking at the tops of pistons.

I think some of the original video had the designers talking about this look they were trying to convey as well.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:28 AM

OK, I got the 6-shooter revolver idea... but again... what are they for? Are they strictly for looks? Are they Dodge's idea of daytime running lights? Don't get me wrong, I think they're ultra-cool... but so far no one has been able to tell me what their actual purpose is (if they even have an actual purpose, other than for looks)

Anyone..? Anyone..?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Mopar version of the Angel Eyes on a BMW?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM

probably just cosmetic, similar to the BMW angel eyes. Hard to imagine 6 tiny little lights showing you anything the big guy in the middle didn't already light up. They sure look nifty though. If I were a gambling man, I'd bet they don't see production.

Quick Reply: OK, help me out here