Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

The only down side to a 08 challenger

Old 04-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The only down side to a 08 challenger

I have to say I think the boys and girls at dodge done a great job on the challenger .I can only wish I could have be able to buy one in the 70s .I am just woundering how many feel as I do .Im very happy with the car I ordered and like some other people I want mine when they are first out on the streets .But as some of you have stated I would love to change some things but dont feel I can change to much as of the rareity of the first cars .Im not talking about what they will be worth in 30 years but being the first cars out the door I dont think things like painting them a different color is a good idea and I would love to have white interior but I am very conflicted about guting the new interior just to have it white although its so temping .I would like to know how you guys feel about this and have any of you had the same thoughts
Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 AM

Default RE: The only down side to a 08 challenger

Frankly, I never would have purchased the '08 (a) because I would NEVER pay more than MSRP for ANY car and (b) I'm extremely wary about anything new. I had a '70 Challenger, and I can assure you there were a LOT of flaws in it that were corrected in later models.

That said, considering what you've purchased, I would not change a THING about it. You'll have one of, what?, 6,400 or so? You also have a car that more than likely cost you more than $50,000 (assuming a relatively modest mark-up). My God ... you spend that much money -- literally as much as my house cost -- and you want to alter it for something as trivial as the interior color? WHY????

Enjoy what you're getting. It's going to be a beautiful car -- and one that very well could finance a comfortable retirement for you one day.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with Roswell. You can do somethings to personalize it, but I wouldn't go hog wild. Should you ever consider selling it in the future (not that I'm going to with mine), you may end up kicking yourself, because someone didn't share your vision.

If I were considering something as grandiose, I would buy a the rock bottom cheapest base, drop a crate in it, and make that sucker ROCK. Gut the interior, call Unique Whips, Chip Foose and any other mod'ers to have at it and trick that sucker out. You could probably get one of these things running pretty hot, and looking very potent w/ 20 K in it.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM

I agree with you guys. Why buy a first edition and change it. I have a 70 AAR cuda and it is so rare(original motor and tires) I can't drive it.I'm getting the challenger to DRIVE, but I'm still not changing anything. Well maybe a hocky stick HEMI stripe.(I love those)
Old 04-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Yep, being the first model year of challenger part II. I will (and recomend) keeping the car as produced, then add anything to it (within reason) from Mopar proformance. Sure, if they produce a better exh. system, better computer, etc. stick it on. But just because the hood will still close with a crate motor in it, well........that may not be such a good idea.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

I can think of one down side for me and that is they are too expensive for me. Challenger 2009.5 here I come.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
I can think of one down side for me and that is they are too expensive for me. Challenger 2009.5 here I come.
I hear ya, man. spring of '09 for me. Maybe they'll have more colors to choose from, too... I doubt it, but one can hope.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

One monkey wrench, is that what if they come out with a 2010 model with a 6.4L/manual in 2009......that will do it for me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM

I don't know if I want to postpone another 6-8 months. :-P But I will wait and see what the rumour mill is churning out a year from now. Personally, I think if they're going to offer a 6.4 then they should just get on with it.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 PM

I think I'd be very happy with a 2009 SRT w/Manual. But will the Dealers be willing to sell me one at a reasonable price? The $10k over MSRP has me a bit turned off at the moment.

Quick Reply: The only down side to a 08 challenger