Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

The only down side to a 08 challenger

Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The only down side to a 08 challenger

you should be able to get an 09 at a reasonable price
Old 04-08-2008, 07:27 AM

If i can't get an '09 R/T at a resonable price I prolly will not be able to get one.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

I have to say I think the boys and girls at dodge done a great job on the challenger .I can only wish I could have be able to buy one in the 70s .I am just woundering how many feel as I do .Im very happy with the car I ordered and like some other people I want mine when they are first out on the streets .But as some of you have stated I would love to change some things but dont feel I can change to much as of the rareity of the first cars .Im not talking about what they will be worth in 30 years but being the first cars out the door I dont think things like painting them a different color is a good idea and I would love to have white interior but I am very conflicted about guting the new interior just to have it white although its so temping .I would like to know how you guys feel about this and have any of you had the same thoughts
The more you customize it, the less it will be worth!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

I have to say I think the boys and girls at dodge done a great job on the challenger .I can only wish I could have be able to buy one in the 70s .I am just woundering how many feel as I do .Im very happy with the car I ordered and like some other people I want mine when they are first out on the streets .But as some of you have stated I would love to change some things but dont feel I can change to much as of the rareity of the first cars .Im not talking about what they will be worth in 30 years but being the first cars out the door I dont think things like painting them a different color is a good idea and I would love to have white interior but I am very conflicted about guting the new interior just to have it white although its so temping .I would like to know how you guys feel about this and have any of you had the same thoughts
The more you customize it, the less it will be worth!
Yes, but who are we trying to please? Ourselves, or the potential customer 30 years from now they we may not know because we don't live that long.

Customize it to your liking and enjoy it while you can?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 AM

i agree with RosewellGrey i want the white interior
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
Yes, but who are we trying to please? Ourselves, or the potential customer 30 years from now they we may not know because we don't live that long.

I say enjoy it while you can. Who really knows what the value will be like in 30 years? Will we even have the availability of fossil fuels like we have now?

I'm seriously considering the idea of a supercharger in a SRT 2009 w/manual. I really like some of those packages I've seen for the Charger SRTs. The only question is do I wait a few years and get maximum use out of my warranty or drop one in during the first year...
Old 04-18-2008, 10:46 AM

If you're just planning on doing white leather seats it won't involve gutting anything. The originals will be fine when removed and you can store them. In 30 years you'll have the only challenger with black leather seats that have never been used!
Old 04-18-2008, 11:03 AM

You better talk to some of the car owners first. I spoken with a number of speed shops who installed various SC's on Chargers at the customers request and dentonation has killed many a 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi Charger.

ORIGINAL: LordFoul

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I say enjoy it while you can. Who really knows what the value will be like in 30 years? Will we even have the availability of fossil fuels like we have now?

I'm seriously considering the idea of a supercharger in a SRT 2009 w/manual. I really like some of those packages I've seen for the Charger SRTs. The only question is do I wait a few years and get maximum use out of my warranty or drop one in during the first year...