Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

To Order a R/T or wait till they show up at this point?

Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Order a R/T or wait till they show up at this point?

Should I order my 09 R/T now and maybe have to wait till November, BUT get every option exactly how I want it.
OR wait till the flood of R/T's hit the lots in a few weeks and hope for the same car I'm looking for?

I'm gonna want a White R/T
28J Package
Sunroof
18" Wheels 5 Speed Auto
Electronic Convenience Group
Sound Group II
MY Gig

I don't think I can live without any one of these things
what do you think the odds are of finding this car before November when a made to order one will show up is the question?

Which way would you guys bet if you were in my shoes?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:01 AM

Default RE: To Order a R/T or wait till they show up at this point?

If I wanted the exact package you specify, I'd go ahead and order it. If you don't, SOMETHING won't be what you want.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:08 AM

order it... my dealer says that the factory places a priority on orders with a name on it vs. just an order from any dealer.but then again he is a car salesman
Old 08-21-2008, 03:52 AM

I would wait for the dealer because the options you listed are going to be popular and readily available. The only problem I can see is the price of the first few rt's on the lot might command a higher price. By the way, where do you live? If you have bad winters I would wait until March or April. This will give you time to save more for a down payment and I suspect some incentives will be in place by then. A little more time would give you better insight as to the economy and gas prices. Also, the Camaro will be out and competition drives down prices. If you don't NEED this car right now, waiting six months will prove to be a money saver.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:52 AM

Thats exactly what i ordered. I would order if i were you. Dealer will still deal w/ you. Got mine at invoice
Old 08-21-2008, 04:13 AM

You could always keep track of davidstans car and buy it out from under him at the dealer when it arrives...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 AM

Place a order
Old 08-21-2008, 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

You could always keep track of davidstans car and buy it out from under him at the dealer when it arrives...
If he wants orange. [8D]
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 AM

You should order now. I agree with everything clasko10 said about availability and price. Your choices are very popular and if you wait you will see one like that on the lot. But if you order now you'll have it in November. If you wait to find it on the lot, it'll probably take longer and/or cost more.

As far as I can tell, there are no R/Ts on the lots yet and probably won't be for another couple of weeks. Then, you can bet the first ones will have plenty of mark-up, just like the SEs do now. How many more weeks until the markup comes down? November is only 10 weeks away. And like davidstan, you may be able to negotiate a good price on the order rather than having to pay a potential markup for the one on the lot.

Like clasko10 said, if you can wait until spring you'll get a better deal. That's what I'm doing. But if you want one this year, for an agreeable price and you want it to your specifications, order now.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 AM

clasko10,
I live in L.A. (no winter here).......8)

My nearest dealer said that he'll do it at MSRP no problem with a custom order (Dependable Dodge)
He showed me the paper with every one they have coming in in the next few weeks (none white)
I think I'm gonna call the ten other nearest dealers and see if they will tell me if any of their first R/T's are white and un-spoken for.
if not, I'm dropping a deposit down today probably.

I'll keep you guys posted.
thx!

Quick Reply: To Order a R/T or wait till they show up at this point?