Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Ordered a '09 R/T ......

Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a '09 R/T ......

I am a new member to this forum. I owned a '73 Challenger NEW (still have the window sticker) during my college years.
I have ordered an '09 R/T - and think that it is a bargain in the sports car market.
Great forum - keep the information flowing !
Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Ordered a '09 R/T ......

Welcome to the forum! I myself am considering ordering an RT. I can't decide on what color though. What color and options did you order?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 AM

Torred
automatic
sunroof
package "J"
electronics package
My GIG - NAV system
Xenon lights
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 AM

First things first - welcome to the forum, 73Challenger! I bet your `09 R/T will look similar to the pic in my signature. Such a beautiful machine!!!

Personally, I've narrowed it down to only 3 exterior color options and have ranked them in order for your viewing pleasure. The top choice for my 2009 R/T would have been Plum Crazy Purple, but unfort. it's not being offered at all! My preferences could completely change tomorrow, but here is how they stand presently: 1) Stone White 1) Hemi Orange and 3) Brilliant Black.

The more and more that I think about it / watch Vanishing Point, the more I yearn for a White Challenger. I'm getting the sense that most Challengers out there will either be Black or Hemi Orange...not that there is anything wrong with that! I happen to believe that White would be a great tribute (for obvious reasons) and for those out there on the battlefield who see it and "get it", the car will be appreciated that much more.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 PM

I saw the one lap of america challenger before it was crashed. I'm not sure if it was Stone White exactly, b/c it was kind of a custom deal, but it looked very very nice in white, and I hate white cars in general.

Edited for clarity:
So my point is, white is an awesome color for the Challenger.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Albeeno,

Sounds like you and I think along the same lines. White, Black, Silver, and Blue keep bouncing to the top of my list. White for exactly the same reason you listed.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

73 Challenger contrats on your order!! I aim to do something similar in summer 09. I may have to skimp on some of the goodies like sun roof and Xenon to afford the Trak Pak
Old 06-12-2008, 01:55 PM

congrats on the order. i think i am getting a r/t same stuff as yours except in hemi orange
Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM

The Vanishing Point Challenger IS stone white, as confirmed by the SRT session last night
Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM

My dealer (DADE JEEP/CHRYSLER/DODGE in Miami) told me that my order went into "BX" status within 24 hours. Chrysler has a hot car on its hands right now, and will make every one they can crank out. It is the only bright spot in the American car insustry right now. The Challenger proves that we can make a high quality, high style, desirable car. Nothing from GM or Ford (except the Corvette or maybe the Mustang) has any true excitement - but even those cars are getting pretty tired looking.

Quick Reply: Ordered a '09 R/T ......