Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Orders are in!

Old 12-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Orders are in!

To all members who are Dodge salesmen , or work for Dodge , or claim to have some insider connection or anybody that cares to comment . To the moderators please put this to the right subject so I don't step on anyones toes, OK. Now let me cry on all your shoulders a bit as I have been patiently waiting , as we all have , and saving my money for 2 years now, Started off saving for a Dodge Charger but when I saw the first Challenger Concept pics , WOW. Now I'm a semi retired guy and this will probably be my last muscle car and my first NEW muscle car to say the least. Now I have the money to put down and enough saved to pay for this Challenger MSRP so I go to 5 different Dodge dealers in the New Jersey, Penna. area with cash in hand and the letter telling us to go to your local Dodge dealer to put your order in for your new Challenger SRT-8 . What do all thses 5 dealers tell me?....well they all said in one way or another that they have no news to order, no order forms, no authorization, no price lists, and most of all they do not know if they will get an "ALLOCATION " to order 1 or 5 or 10 at all. Now I'd like to know .....IF ANYONE KNOWS .....what the he#% is going on with DCM, Dodge, Chrysler or the new company that took them over??? After saving and waiting along with the rest of you I'm really MAD, SAD, PI3%ed off, disgusted at this company. What in Gods earth is going on , are they selling these cars, are they taking orders, or what???? NONE of the 5 dealers would take a deposit, fill out any kind of order or even promise I'd be on a list....said they were afraid of not being able to deliver on a promise....HAHA HA HA what a joke this whole mess is becoming!!! If anyone would care to answer or reply E-mail me at gs_80_86@yahoo.com or post on here. I'm in ok health now but at my age who knows what happend by the time I can order my new Chalenger??...LOL Anyway thanks to all for lettin me get this off my chest, A LOYAL MOPAR MAN from 1957 till now, FATCAT
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM

yeah i figured he was bs'ing me. My local dodge know's NOTHING when you ask them a question regarding anything. If you do ask a question that throws them off guard like you're in the know, then they just get snotty! I got the feeling he didn't know what he was talking about when he said january and that one of them will never see the light of day because it is his. He wants me including a few other challengers in town to leave ours in the lot kinda like a old meets new theme going. me and the guys told him ok if we're allowed to do our own security work and sleep in our cars with guns haha. The idea sounds awesome though. i figured april as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM

"Figure there are a little more than 14,000 dealers in the U.S......."

Dodgesales, are you sure about that number? I dont' think there are that many McDonald's in the country. I think you're off by a factor of 5.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:20 PM

I thought there were 2700 dodge dealers?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:36 AM

VON's are assigned as soon as you place an order in tops (chrysler's system for placing vehicle orders), none of the challengers will have a VIN attached until they get out of BX status... I ordered mine on the 3rd...all black mygig, sunroof, performance tires....

MY VON IS 21126281 its not any kind of a production number, and nothing in that number signifies that its a challenger, but its still MY order number
very exciting!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:38 AM

When I was in Vegas at the dealer announcement show, they said there are about 5000 dodge dealers in the united states. I also saw a productioin challenger in torred, 6 speed, and 5.7l hemi...it was increadible...

Its only slightly different than the concept. It seems cleaner with better defined lines...

I can't wait for mine!