Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Photo of NASCAR Challenger

Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo of NASCAR Challenger

I did a search and did not find this post yet so here goes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1488/64076DE4C9F240779E392EFCEB7CEBD1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 AM

Default RE: Photo of NASCAR Challenger

Looks like the Diodge Charger body with a Challenger nose. The 1/4 window is WAY to big for the looks. With the small 1/4 windows of the Camaro, CHallengr, and Mustang, I say make them all look factory. Bring some of the stock back into stock car racing. Notice I said "some".
Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 AM

They had a story about the car on the Jalopnik web site a few months ago. Looks a lot like it's a regular cookie cutter NASCAR body with a Challenger front end added............
(Any racing Challenger needs to be in a Trans Am type series, not NASCAR....besides there has been a lot of talk about Dodge pulling out of NASCAR......which pretty much means Dodge is pulling out of racing if this is the case....unsure of how that will effect Drag racing program)
Old 10-17-2008, 11:11 AM

That is the standard NASCAR body. I agree with putting the "stock" back in stock car racing, particularly on the short tracks where speed is not such an issue. Frankly, I would be more interested if NASCAR went back to using truly stock production cars as the basis for the vehicles. If they are going to run Fusions and Impalas, make them run V-6s, since that's all you can buy.

The whole trouble with NASCAR is that it has taken over the design of the car. What's driven now has practically nothing to do with what you can buy. Let the manufacturers have control of the cars like they used to.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM

No doubt about it... was a lot funner to watch when the cars were actual manufactured cars... now they all look the same just with different decals... [sm=lame.gif]
Old 10-18-2008, 07:55 AM

Totally agree. I don't even watch NASCAR anymore. If they did return to a truly "stock" car, I'd be all over it. But doubtful, especially as all the manufacturers have their hands more than abit full just trying to stay afloat. But perhaps this is cheaper???
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgebrothers

But perhaps this is cheaper???
Lets see. A current NASCAR vehicle costs an absolute minimum of $150,000. That's vs., say, $20,000 to $25,000 for a stock Charger, Fusion, Impala or Camry. Throw in a couple hundred bucks for paint, plus the cost of ripping out the seats installing a roll cage and running straight pipes back in place of the stock exhaust system (gotta have SOME noise out of the thing). ... Nope. I don't think the current system is cheaper.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:45 AM

I don't even get the thrill of NASCAR. it's 52 odd cars going around an oval at 170 mph.
Sure there's crashes and that. But come on, if you think of it that way it's lame. But if you think of it that way for any other sport it just running a ball up and down a strip of grass, or running a dragster down a 1/4 mile track over and over.

So maybe all sports are meaningless and are just a way to say " I'm better than Joe the Plumber at baseball." or whatever.
although Formula One racing takes some talent.

High speeds, sharp turns, and small straight aways.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM

I like it....boring....no way.
Watching some one break loose in a corner and correct it...awesome.
With all the cameras it is way better than old days.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Well, I must admit that I preferred the old days when Richard Petty was running everyone else in the ground with his 67 Plymouth. But the new cars are a lot safer and more competitve. I can remember the Superbirds and Charger Daytonas running the tracks and not selling on the lots. I went to one race at Talledega where the winner won by what seems like five laps and that's no too exciting. That situation doesn't happen today.

Quick Reply: Photo of NASCAR Challenger