Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

R/T side stripe installed today.....

Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T side stripe installed today.....

What are the measurements of your R/T emblem on your spoiler ? Height ? Width ?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM

73, stripes look great, do you know if the stripes are calender vinyl or cast vinyl?..... calender vinyl is a thick usually 6-ish mil thick heavy duty sign grade , semi permanent and cast vinyl is permanent OEM grade.

thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: DraganeeRacing

73, stripes look great, do you know if the stripes are calender vinyl or cast vinyl?..... calender vinyl is a thick usually 6-ish mil thick heavy duty sign grade , semi permanent and cast vinyl is permanent OEM grade.

thanks
The stripes came from Rider Graphix - check with them anout the specs.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:59 PM

Nice, man. You know what else I noticed? The wheels. Are those stock? They have the hollowed out branches on the spokes like the concept car. I personally really like them. I have the SRT8 and they have cool wheels but not the split spokes.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM

73, I have tried contacting Rider Graphix and I get the blow off, in fact I posed the identical question on another Challenger forum and suddenly I was banned.. hmmmm???

Fortunately I have a digital plotter and commercial grade vinyl cutter and will be making my own using adaptions of the orginal patterns from the 1970's. Depending on how they come out and fellow forums members opinions, I just might begin producing them using OEM cast vinyl not the suspected 6 year Avery 6 mil calender vinyl other producers are using and at a cost of at least 50% less expensive...
Old 09-13-2008, 02:34 PM

I would like to see someone make a hood blackout decal like on the original Challenger, instead of the dual stripes. As far as I know nobody is making this yet. You should look into that.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Diablo

I would like to see someone make a hood blackout decal like on the original Challenger, instead of the dual stripes. As far as I know nobody is making this yet. You should look into that.

From what i have read, that stripe is too wide for many of the makers machines to cut
Old 09-13-2008, 06:53 PM

That is too bad. I guess a guy could always have the black out painted in a satin or flat black. I really do not like the rams head on this car. I will have mine removed and the recessed area filled in. I was hoping for a solid hood black out decal but having it painted is another option.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Decapitating the Rams Head... [sm=smiley11.gif]

Old 09-15-2008, 04:16 AM

Diablo, I have plotted out a solid black hood grafic..... and have managed to successfully cut one ( using another super large commercial grade cutter). The issue I ran into was the vinyl cut out is huuuge and a royal PITA to apply evenly and without bubbles. I used calender grade sign vinyl as a test because it was thinner, but it to was difficult. The portion of the hood strip that is applied to the header panel was simple, but it looks lousey because of that goofey Ram Head.... My next attempt will be to make a stencil that is applied to the hood inorder to paint it.....

Quick Reply: R/T side stripe installed today.....