Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Keep it
10.00%
Remove it
90.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Rams head on new Challenger

Old 01-19-2008, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rams head on new Challenger

Dodge says that it reads web sites such as dodgechallenger.com. It even has a link to it on its own web site. We have commented here that the ram's head does not belong on the Challenger. [:'(] A number of us have also posted this on dodge's blog, www.redletterdodge.com.

Why won't they listen to us? Is is because there is some corporate "big wig" who has a fixation with rams??
Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rams conjure up in the mind pushing or pulling like what you think of in a truck.

The Challenger with the RAM logo is just not a good mix. Either put the DODGE letters back on or come up with something really cool
but get rid of the RAM.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 AM
mac

This is a simple fix for Chrysler: All the rams heads in the existing inventory can be used on other dodge cars/trucks. GET SOME D O D G E lettering and put it on the hood AS IT SHOULD BE.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 AM

as I look at the vote tally, while still low in count, I'm hoping that at some point Dodge listens to us loyalists, get a clue to the fact, and leave the ram off all of their cars. I just have never understood it and I sure hope they see the light that we the customers don't like it.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM

is it simply glued on?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:20 AM

Most insignia are applied with two-sided sticky tape these days. Hence, it should be fairly simple to remove. I'm just wondering if there's a bend in the area under the ram's head insignia or of the metal there is flat. If it's flat, it should be no trouble to substitute DODGE lettering. If there's a bend, we may have a problem.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:31 AM

Uh-oh ... the enlarged version of the front-end pic appears to show a bend right where the second "D" would go...

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/u...F34D90956B.jpg
Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 AM

On the Concept if you look real close the Ram head is inset on the nose. [:-] The concave area will create a problem/hole/dip when the badge is removed. [:@] Well if the same is true on the production I'll have to have that area filled and the nose painted. Either way the Ram head goes bye bye, ASAP!!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Well depending on what the letters are made of maybe you could slightly bend the D to fit around the line.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 AM

the Ram logo belongs on trucks, SUVs, and Minivans. Come up with something new for Dodge Cars. Personally, I think Dodge should be the truck-based line and Chrysler should be the car and crossover line. Chrysler needs to slim down, simply, and focus. I'm rooting for them.

Quick Reply: Rams head on new Challenger