Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

The reason for the non-mopar colors

Old 04-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The reason for the non-mopar colors

ORIGINAL: Thor77

Oh well, without all the boring cars, the Challenger wouldn't stand out so much

HA! Great Point!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, I see this complaint more than any other. We just keep re-writing the same complaint. If you have a little patience, ( like whats been posted before) You will get just or real close to what you want. Dodge builds cars... we buy cars. And if its so easy then why would they not want to do it. Make any sense. Lets not give them the colors they want and then sell less cars Seems to me we look for gripes[]
Old 04-10-2008, 02:06 PM

It's always something it seems with this crowd. Remember when your choices were based on the K platform. You would have killed for a real rear drive Mopar! Then everyone (me included) complained when the "Charger" came out as not being a real Charger. Now you've got what you've waited for over 30 years and you're complaining about the colors offered. I'll take mine in BLACK and be DAMNED HAPPY grinning from ear to ear listening to my HEMI, while the rest of you wait for the "right" color.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-10-2008, 06:30 PM

Bootcamp I agree with most of what you said but I feel that maybe challenger owners aren't necessarily "ordinary" customers. Charger and 300 yes. But wouldn't anyone buying a challenger come across as someone trying to be different? And they would probably want a color that's different than what's on a sedan? I don't think challenger buyers are cross-shopping camrys and I don't think they would want the same color choices.

I can't imagine someone at the dealership looking at a challenger r/t going "I really wanted this car but I was holding out for smog grey". Yeah dodge has to target the "majority" but that's the majority of sports car buyers, not the majority of car buyers in general.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

If I can't have my 6.4L/manual in plum crazy then I will take it in black.....thank you very much. I am not griping, no not me. I am happy as a lark.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 PM

I will be perfectly happy with a white one but don't let dodge hear that. If it hadn't been all the input(complaining) from us the challenger would still have a crosshair grille and probably look a lot different from the concept. I noticed after all the complaints on redletterdodge about colors there were 3 blog posts made relating to color in about 2 weeks. They can hear.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:29 PM

If they are going to compete with a Mustang, they are going to need to offer not only a base model, but base colors as well. To stop the over glut already on DCX lots; not offering all impact colors at once is a smart idea (for them). For some, dare I say most this will be a main car, and purple, pink, lime green, and yellow may not be the best idea. However, If you want are supposed compaines that through dealer markets will offer some of the colors and engine upgrades we want bundle in one package like we want. a good example is our buddy HXC Peformance (they had a few articles about them out) and the G5 challenger that was on mopar Mag this month.

My plan, If I cannot get the one I want now, I'll buy a base model in a few years, and mod it until its better than the concept. carbon fiber hood with functional butterflys, supercharger, fuel cap, etc I think its name will be "the color purple" if its, you know, purple; agent orange if its orange (duh), and The (incredible) Hulk if its lime green. then again there's nothing wrong with Vanishing point clone or a sinister black one either. If I go that route a funky outline of kowlaski and DJ Super Soul might be on there (very subitle, like a Judge graphics on a GTO). Either way I will have it my way.

my .02

(slowly steps off soapbox)

www.hxcpeformance.com
http://www.g5challenger.com/
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 AM

I will be 100% satisfied with a white R/T, closely followed by the most excellent black if white is a problem. Vanishing Point is why I love the challenger, so a 2009-2010 vp incarnation it must be. Black is just bad-ass, I got a vid of the black SRT8 at the auto show mated with the terminator soundtrack. I should upload it on youtube sometime in the near future!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:03 AM

So, the 2009 SRT8 colors are still just red, black and silver? Guess it'll be black for me.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Bootcamp I agree with most of what you said but I feel that maybe challenger owners aren't necessarily "ordinary" customers. Charger and 300 yes. But wouldn't anyone buying a challenger come across as someone trying to be different?
The Charger, 300 and Challenger are being built in Brampton. That's why I used those models and not the Caliber, Viper or Avenger....... same house building 3 different cars with the same/similar materials/equipment.

Quick Reply: The reason for the non-mopar colors