Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Remote Start (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/remote-start-5298/)

fatcat 11-26-2008 09:27 AM

RE: Remote Start

I was at a " Meet and Greet " event for the NJ MOPAR GROUP club last night and my 2009 Challenger R/T with remote start sat outside for over 3 hours in front of a D & D and as I was finishing my last drink of coffee I started it from inside and it warmed up for like 15 minutes while we talked about our Mopars and said are " see ya laters " and it kept running as I unlocked the doors and took off for home. The only thing i didn't like was my heated seats didn't get warm too.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL such a terrible thing ,hey? LOL...FAT CAT[sm=gears.gif]

ungratefulninja 11-26-2008 10:01 AM

The dealership couldn't figure it out and gave it back to us. So I guess next time it happens we'll take it back again.

raj1980 11-27-2008 07:53 AM

It's very weird... if it sits overnight in the cold... sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. The horn just honks once when I try to remote start it and nothing.

Once I tried again after like 5 min and all of the sudden it worked.

Sometimes it works flawlessly after sitting in the cold all night.

How would you describe you prblem?

RoswellGrey 11-27-2008 08:44 AM

I wonder if all this has something to do with the way each car's computer has to "learn" different things, including simple things like opening the door locks and then rolling down the windows. Maybe when it's cold, it affects what the onboard computer has "learned."

ungratefulninja 12-19-2008 04:45 PM

Mine does same thing. Still haven't figured it out. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. It'll just honk once and then nothing.

ORIGINAL: raj1980

It's very weird... if it sits overnight in the cold... sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. The horn just honks once when I try to remote start it and nothing.

Once I tried again after like 5 min and all of the sudden it worked.

Sometimes it works flawlessly after sitting in the cold all night.

How would you describe you prblem?

05flhtcse 01-06-2009 09:50 AM

Mine has started doing this too. Occasionally, and not weather related, I get the one honk and no start. If it does it, there is no starting it until the next time it is stopped. I use the feature all the time and it happens like once every month or so. Anyone else got the answer yet?

novawagonmaster 01-06-2009 12:23 PM

*points and chuckles*
6-speeds do not have remote start;)

Honestly, I will never have remote start on anything I own (factory or aftermarket). We have removed so many aftermarket sytems in our shop, it's not funny. It never fails...you start hacking up wiring harnesses, and you are going to have problems. That goes for alarms, too.