Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

resonators with trakpak

Old 07-30-2008, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resonators with trakpak

Can anyone confirm that 2009s this sentence from allpar ? I do not see this mentioned in the brochure.

Also included with the manual transmission is a unique dual exhaust that has two low-restriction bottle resonators replacing the underfloor muffler, and bright pedals.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Default RE: resonators with trakpak

It will be an option you can check of. They cannot sell the track pack installed on the car for emisson reasons but it can be in the trunk or offered to a select few that may check this box off. We are looking forward to this car also and have plans to work on our own custom appointed Woodhouse edition that will be numbered and documented. The potential is there and we will be onboard when they start rolling in!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 6-speed manual comes standard with two "bottle" resonators instead of the suitcase muffler than is standard in the auto.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Cuda340 is correct. There is not an option to modify the exhaust. If you get the Track Pak, you automatically get the modified exhaust. Just as Cuda340 said, the suitcase muffler is replaced with two bottle resonators. All Track Pak challengers get this exhaust setup, and by virtue of that all 6-Speeds get it. Automatics get the standard exhaust setup with muffler.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:06 PM

THis is exactly the mod I did to my 08. It sounds great. I also did it to my 06 Charger RT.

Dave
Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: DiamDave
THis is exactly the mod I did to my 08. It sounds great. I also did it to my 06 Charger RT.
Dave
Dave... any chance you can provide some good quality sound clips?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:05 AM

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

Dave
Hi Dave, Was the dealer able to modify for you and what was the cost?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM

I put Borla exhuast on my 06 Daytona with the two resonators instead of the suitcase and resonators that came stock. Sounds great and really helped free the flow when I also put on the the hi flow air intake.

The Borla system sounds shitty when the MDS kicks in but I wont have that issue on the Chally with the Trak Pak!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:59 PM

Thanks all.

( Man. This is the 6th time I try to post because I get errors. I tried both explorer and firefox and logged in and out multiple times. )
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM

DiamDave, do you have the same part number which Dodge will use for the challenger ? A sound byte would be nice. I was considering SLP loudmouth but I might be happy with what it comes with. I want something that sounds as close as possible to my old big block at idle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwo8OoFH8o is the closest I have found a SRT sound like it.

Quick Reply: resonators with trakpak