Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Rumors- Who to Believe? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/rumors-who-believe-1490/)

Cuda340 10-26-2007 03:55 AM

RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

This description of the 2008 SRT Challenger was entered on allpar.com by a "well-connected" poster:

Exterior

Grille= satin silver surround with black honeycomb inset. "Challenger" emblem in the left side in the grille, "SRT" emblem in right side.

Rear spoiler= bolt on not molded, with recessed SRT8 badge on right side

Front spoiler= chin

Interior

Cluster= 4 gauges, creme color cluster surround

Center console= angled towards driver

HVAC controls= new layout (diff than Charger)

Headliner= black

A, B, C pillar trim= black

DSkippy 10-26-2007 06:54 AM

Creme color cluster around the guages.........didn't care for creme colored computer equipment....man I can't imagine that....doesn't sound attractive....graphite, black, silver....faux carbon.....creme (is that the same as cream?)

Am I missing something here?

Cuda340 10-26-2007 08:09 AM

I had the same reaction! [:'(]

I was hoping for a clone of the concept's dash with the same black and stainless steel metal look.

They should save the cream trim for the 2009 V6s.

DSkippy 10-26-2007 08:24 AM

AMEN!

WhiteHeat 10-26-2007 12:39 PM

I'm lookin' at my pics if the concept gauge cluster...

The dials FACES are kinda creme colored. Is it possible that's what they meant?

I sure hope they keep the black/silver look of the concept interior. Cream colored dash would suck.

Cuda340 10-27-2007 06:03 AM

Drag/Off-Road Packages

Yesterday, there was an interesting news on Motor Trend's blog about MOPAR drag race/off-road packages for the 2009 Challenger. Here is the text:

"Mopar will be launching what is essentially a new package car program to be based on the upcoming 2009 Dodge Challenger. The program, consisting of race and off-road use only parts, will focus on upgrades intended to boost the output of the third generation Hemi V-8. Other parts will be available, including a limited number of complete Dodge Challenger Drag Racing packages- all of which designed with the goal of producing a focused drag car from the production vehicle.

Final details have yet to be announced on the program, although we may see some more information released at SEMA next week. Considering the program has been created for a car that is still several months away from hitting the street, we're guessing we won't get the complete story for a while. But for those looking to turn their Challengers into track cars, the announcement is good news that factory-backed parts are on the way." :)

Jeremiah 29:11 10-27-2007 09:10 AM

RE: Drag/Off-Road Packages

Grest that is good to know. I hope Mopar sticks around.

JJMPB 11-02-2007 04:46 AM

the dodge magnum has been canceled also the pt cruiser crossfire, and pacifica so there should be plenty of room at the brampton plant now they only have the charger and 300 to build a ton of challengers

jake

73Cuda340 11-07-2007 06:55 PM

Given the cost of fuel (though I admit it is not a concern for many when considering this vehicle), the state of the economy (possible recession), the uncertainty of Chrylser's future, ... Does anyone want (who works for Chrysler) want to speculate on the longevity of the Challenger? I think it may only enjoy a 4-5 year run like its predicessor. The circumstances of 1970-1974 are too similar to the current economics of 2008+

What say you?

Cuda340 11-08-2007 03:38 AM

I agree. That's why I am buying mine in 2009! ;)