Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Rumors- Who to Believe? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/rumors-who-believe-1490/)

Jeremiah 29:11 10-07-2007 07:15 PM

RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

I stand corrected. However, I do not agree with their definition of the scoop product: Mopar OEM Dodge Charger SRT8 Style Ram Air Hood - 06-Up
Model: [M5030124KIT] Brand: Mopar OEM $1,952.94

I got that information from the weblink you provided. First off the description Ram Air Hood is to signify it is providing cooler outside air and the "ramming effect"
for the fuel input system and that is what you call a functional hood scoop. A "functional hood scoop" that just cools the engine is not a functional hood scoop
in the sense that it supposed to generate extra power which is what they are for anyway.

What I am saying is the manufacturer is misleading you by call it a RAM Air Hood and Dodge is misleading by calling it a functional hood scoop.

If that is what they are doing to the Challenger, I will be very disappointed.

BTW - I asked about where you got the rumor not having butterfly scoops, but you did not reply on that????????????

Cuda340 10-08-2007 02:59 AM

I already posted my answer. I got the info from someone who claims "inside knowledge" at the allpar.com site. Since it is not confirmed, that is why I posted it under this "Rumors" thread.

wallstreetman 10-08-2007 08:18 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

What I am saying is the manufacturer is misleading you by call it a RAM Air Hood and Dodge is misleading by calling it a functional hood scoop.

It shouldn't surprize anyone when something is not true, they call these new motors Hemi's when they are not!

BootCamp 10-08-2007 10:03 AM

I think you misquoted Jeremiah 29:11 - posted your reply inside his quote

ORIGINAL: wallstreeman
It shouldn't surprize anyone when something is not true, they call these new motors Hemi's when they are not!
Not sure what you're inferring, but here's something to consider (from a link provided by Cuda340 in another thread):

"Squabbling about the chamber shape neglects the most important attribute of the Hemi design - the valve placement. We'll get to the importance of that in just a moment, but suffice to say that this new Hemi deserves to carry the name."

You can read the entire article (whether you agree with it or not) here:
http://www.3autos.com/20060220/A-tal...nd-61-V8,6325/

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
So Cuda340 where did you hear the rumor not having butterfly scoops????????

ORIGINAL: Cuda340
A post from allpar.com.
I heard the same thing - but it wasn't at allpar.com. It was in another forum where we're both members (from another member) - two days ago, when you first posted it here.
Weren't you the one (CudaAAR) that posted it in allpar's Challenger forum yesterday?
I could be wrong.
:eek:

Cuda340 10-08-2007 10:28 AM

That was me.

The Aministrators do not like the other forum to be mentioned on this site.

Cuda340 10-08-2007 10:29 AM

That was me.

The Administrators do not like the other forum to be mentioned on this site.

BootCamp 10-08-2007 01:41 PM

I understand. ;)

Cuda340 10-11-2007 07:05 AM

Here is an interesting response to a post on redletterdodge.com:

"One of the goals of Red Letter is to offer readers the opportunity to ask honest questions and get honest answers from Dodge. And we’ve been hit by dozens of questions in the past days that we’re circulating for answers. Some might take a while, but hey, we want to make sure that your questions get good answers from the right people, not just “Thanks, we can’t tell you.”

As a Red Letter reader, you are entitled to something a bit more…like you’re the kind of person who knows a big shot over here that’s happy to chat over a cup of coffee or over the backyard fence. What’s that, neighbor? You want to know specs on the Challenger? Uh…thanks, we can’t tell you.

Make that we can’t tell you yet. But here’s a few answers to questions that have been asked so far, with many more to come in the days ahead:

——————————–

Color Schemes

As you can tell from our latest poll, available paint colors are a hot topic these days. And Dodge has a proud history of famous color schemes from back in the day. All this inspired this question from Yankee:

“The Viper has some really cool new color selections. How about expanding the same color selection to the rest of the SRT line as well? You guys have GOT to get past this “only available in red, silver and black” mentality and offer more colors. The addition of Plum Crazy and Detonator Yellow on the Charger SRT8 are a good start… but they’re still not enough.”

Our own Mike Accavitti answers:

Good question, thanks for asking. We periodically look at the SRT color palate and solicit dealer and customer feedback. The buzz color strategy using throw back colors has been very popular to date. The B-5 Blue SRT8 Super Bee is another great example of that. However, we have built the SRT line’s street cred up by doing unpredictable things. So stay tuned on this subject…"

———————————

gio 10-17-2007 11:00 AM

just thought id put in my 2 cents....

im from toronto... which is right beside brampton for those of you from the states

buddy of mine who wrks for dodge just took a tour of the brampton plant

said the new challenger is 100% SRT-8 with the 6.1 HEMI n all, but....

it gunna be stripped down a bit

its coming with the 18" R/T wheels instead of the SRT rims, standard brakes (not sure which) instead of the big brembo brake kit
unfortunately the tour got cut short because someone got caught snapping a picture

thats all i got for now, ill keep everyone updated as I get info

Albeeno 10-17-2007 12:52 PM

THANKS for the info!

ORIGINAL: gio

just thought id put in my 2 cents....

im from toronto... which is right beside brampton for those of you from the states

buddy of mine who wrks for dodge just took a tour of the brampton plant

said the new challenger is 100% SRT-8 with the 6.1 HEMI n all, but....

it gunna be stripped down a bit

its coming with the 18" R/T wheels instead of the SRT rims, standard brakes (not sure which) instead of the big brembo rims
unfortunately the tour got cut short because someone got caught snapping a picture

thats all i got for now, ill keep everyone updated as I get info