Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rumors- Who to Believe?

Old 09-20-2007, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumors- Who to Believe?

From my experience in the automotive industry, when the production level car is released at an auto show, all the parts are what we call "off tool" meaning all parts are production ready so it is a short lead time before cars start rolling off the line. Dodge is not going to want to wait a long time after the auto show to get cars to dealers because the anticipation is going to be at its highest then.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 AM

When then is the latest we could expect the "off tool" parts to be available? I would think it would take weeks, if not months to get the quantity up. And what about the metal fabrication? How long does it take to create the dies that stamp the metal? Once the dies are in place how long would it take to stamp out enough parts to start putting the challenger together.
Are you saying they will start producing the car before the Chicago auto show? If not, can we speculate on the latest possible dates when we would start to see the dies and other materials? It has to be soon I would hope - from which then, we may start to hear leaked information about the production parts (I presume).
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 AM

I read a new RUMOR about a week ago that the 09 challengers would have the option of the 7.0 L hemi (same size as the original 426 hemi but producing almost 80 more horses)
Good side......it's a huge powerhouse
Bad side........It's a huge gass guzzeler

Might work for a drag car but i would hate puttin gas in the thing
Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM

From my experience, once that production level car is released in Chicago, all the parts suppliers are ready to go and have started to make parts based on the start of production date for the car. As for the body dies/presses, those are one of the first things to get done during development so those will be ready way in advance. That is why we have already seen spy shots of Challenger bodies. They are probably running trials on the dies and weld shops.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

I like hearing about this news stuff. Thanks for the news.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

I read a new RUMOR about a week ago that the 09 challengers would have the option of the 7.0 L hemi (same size as the original 426 hemi but producing almost 80 more horses)
Good side......it's a huge powerhouse
Bad side........It's a huge gass guzzeler

Might work for a drag car but i would hate puttin gas in the thing
Interesting rumor. The only thing that I have a problem with is why would it only be producing 505hp (as I'm assuming they are refering to the officially rated 425hp instead of the dyno rating which was quite higher) when the 392 (6.4L) pretty much can do that already. On an earily thread, there was a rumor that it would be a 4 valve per cylinder head. Is this the same rumor, or is this rumor claiming it will be a 2 valve OHV head design?

They could help to counter the fuel mileage aspect if they provide the correct gearing as GM has with their V8 cars.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

If anybody hears any more rumors about a 7.0L engine coming out, please post the article and the weblink so we can all read it.

Thanks.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Administrator

id be interested to see any proof of the 7.0L from mopar...i know that lots of aftermarket companies are "making" 7.0L's out of the current hemis, as i took pictures of a few of them at the mopar nationals this year, but i think that some people are foolishly taking these heavily modified and privately owned vehicles and making them out to be some sort of conceptualization from chrysler, which isnt the case...or at least isnt a reliable source until ma mopar makes it official.

why do they do this, you ask? so that people will read about it on their site and go to other sites, linking the nonsense so that their site gets more traffic...i suppose that we could call dumb our integrity in the trash and make up rumors to get some more traffic...

did you guys hear that the challenger is actually only going to come with V10s?? NO V6s and NO Hemi...just the 8.0L in the base model, the 8.3L in the RT and the 8.4L in the SRT, and i heard that next year, the 8.4L will be blown, making...ONE MILLLION HORSEPOWER!!!

(this last part is a joke, and i point this out so that people dont take this obviously false infomation and talk about it as fact at other sites...thank you.. )
Old 09-22-2007, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11 If anybody hears any more rumors about a 7.0L engine coming out, please post the article and the weblink so we can all read it.
Thanks.
No chance whatsoever of a "7.0" in the 2008 or 2009 model year. The currently scheduled Chally engines are the 3.5L, 5.7L gen II, 6.1L and down the road a bit, the 6.4L.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I know. I am just wanting people to not just post rumors but links to websites to expose where these rumors are coming from.

I am not really expecting any real web sites with valid information to appear.

Quick Reply: Rumors- Who to Believe?