Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

saw the challenger!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saw the challenger!

well i went to my friends cafe here in miami yesterday and my dad calls me up and goes i just saw the challenger. i said yea right shut up. he goes no its here on maricle mile at the carnival arts festival . i didnt believe him so i went to find out for myself i walk across the street and behild there was a chrysler stand with 3 different chryslers. i took a left and went down the street finally the dodge section. the challenger was there in all its glory. it was a black srt8 i took pictures but i tried to post im not sure how to if someone is kind enough to explain. anywayz my opinion about the chally is its beautiful, im am soooo glad they stuck with the lx platform because if not the car wouldnt look long enough to resemble the old one. i noticed they cut a bit of the front end but they make up for it in the wide long back end which is the best feature of the car. the only thing i was mad at were people passing by going wow looks just like the old one, man that car is nice too bad i cant afford the gas, yea the gas is rediculous for me to get this car. i stepped up and informed them of the v6 and lower v8s coming out. they did have dodge representatives there answering any questions about the car but doesnt seem like many people were asking just stunned at the car in their presence. there was also a green viper the new one with the new metallic green color. i hope they use that as the sublime instead of the daytona sublime or w.e it is. all in all im glad i ordered it in black even though i could see the swirl marks on the car. the rear end was so mean the interrior looked very nice all except the steering wheel lol. but man you guys have to see this car in person sooo much better looking than the camaro. the camaro looked like a messed up saturn sky and was about the same size when i went to the miami beach auto show, but well see what they make of it. if the pictures dont show explain to me how to post them and i will. i tried the upload embed thing already.

[IMG]local://upfiles/909/007388D2EB2A4272A4DEE8207A322B73.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/909/256133B4A90F45559A189BCBF21238C1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/909/BBDDAED3984D45F497FB4515D2D886A9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/909/E5E8171733D64B01B1878A9A94537F72.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2008, 04:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: saw the challenger!

The Challenger looks mean in black but I don't think the flat black hood decal and rocker/tailight trim adds anything to it. If I were buying a black car, I would delete the carbon-fiber tape stripe. In my opinion, it only looks god when there is a sharp contrast in colors.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:56 AM

im with ya i dont like stickers on my car !
Old 03-09-2008, 06:29 AM

yea no need for the stickers
Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

The Challenger looks mean in black but I don't think the flat black hood decal and rocker/tailight trim adds anything to it. If I were buying a black car, I would delete the carbon-fiber tape stripe. In my opinion, it only looks god when there is a sharp contrast in colors.
My thoughts from the first time I saw it. Black is great but the carbon fiber hood detracts from the overall look.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:03 AM

I happen to love the carbon fiber look. I think it's a nice subtle contrast that really makes the look pop a little more. I thought I was pretty much sold on Hemi Orange Pearlcoat, but the more I keep seeing black, the more I love it. Maybe it's that recent YouTube viseo I saw of a black Challenger fishtailing around a dirt road. You guys know what I'm talkin about. Well it's been playing on a constant loop on my computer (Just kiddin')! Pretty sweet video though!

I've owned two cars/SUVs in Black (a `99 Mustang GT and a 2002 Explorer XLT) and they were always a pain to keep clean. No color looks better though when they're shined up. It's really going to be a tough decision, but I suppose there's a lot worse problems a guy could have...
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Looks good! Thanks for sharing that photo. You might want to PM them to 1 Bad Mirada so then he can watermark them so then no other site can steal them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh how awesome is that to have a Challenger show up in your back yard. If a Challenger shows up in my town I am stealing it and taking it home with me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:29 PM

i like the taillight shot, were the lights on or just flash reflection? A lot of people are gonna be looking at the back, so we do want it sharp and clean
Old 03-09-2008, 03:48 PM

Sweeeet Kevin... I'm jealous! Doubt I'll be seeing one appearing anytime soon in my little town of 4,000...

Thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: saw the challenger!