Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

It seems DCX is falling behind already

Old 02-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It seems DCX is falling behind already

I too noticed all of the major magazines covering the Camaro which is a 2009 car and it is getting phenomenal coverage,
but nothing about the Challenger,

What is up the DCX sleeve?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 PM

maybe they are running into problems with the production challenger like it not looking like the concept even though they told us it would and they are not sure what to do

Jake
Old 02-10-2007, 05:38 PM

I am thinking the complete oppposite. The longer DCX goes without saying saying something the more I feel that the 500hp or a v6 chally is going to be available (or at least an automatic or some more funky colorways.) But then again, I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:41 PM

Let's face it...the Camaro & Mustang are vastly more well known nameplates. Challenger was a short lived, low production vehicle in its heyday that had a small (albeit loyal) following. I do not expect media to cover it even close to the other two. I was at the barber shop yesterday (my place is old school with softcore magazines, hot towels, and car stuff. I went through the stack and big spread on the Boss Stang, convertible Camaro, etc...

I am undaunted & still think that Challenger smokes 'em in styling but am giving up hoping to see much publicity.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:56 PM

"Mum's the word" kinda makes sense to me. The Camaro is scheduled to come out the model-year after the Challenger. If DCX continually updates info on the Challenger, they'll be giving GM a hand in planning to exceed what the Challenger will be. Why tell GM the details of the Challenger until they absolutely have to? So GM can adjust before they're tooled up for production? Nope,.... wait until the GM pieces are all in place and catch-em by surprise. Then GM will either release an inferior / weaker car for at least a year, or delay production to (once again) catch up with the Challenger. I think it makes perfect marketing sense.

GM overslept and has to play catch-up now. Of course they're gonna release all kinds of info on thier prototype.....it takes the spotlight off of the Challenger (and Shelby GT500) in the hopes of getting people to hang on to thier money until thier car (finally) comes out. Without all of the cooperation they're giving the press, people would opt for a Challenger or Mustang without a second thought because we're an impatient society (these threads prove that, don't they?) and we want what we want NOW. We hate to wait (for anything).
Old 02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

I totally agree with mums the word. That is what I would do......but I suspect that by July we should be seeing some production show pieces especially
with the supposed Q1 release date.

Remember this is a German company that knows how to spell mum.

I know we have entertained the idea before, but what if we had a Challenger and Barracuda version to chose from. Same body type, chassis, and engine
but with styling ques each their own. Talk about shock the auto world, including Ford and GM.

Maybe they will do 30K Challengers and 30K Barracuda's in the first year. That would be cool.

I know, I know.....I am just dreaming.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:22 PM

I was thinking about a possible `cuda kit as well as I was reading these responses. Either way, I think that GM and Ford are trying to hard with some of their advertisments to get our attention. Like the Ford Edge ad with Kelis (horrible crackling voice even in the commerical [:'(]) or the "show of strength" commericals by GM, they seem more like a show of disperation to me.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Banned

Now that Jurgen has indicated that Daimler may be interested in selling off Chrysler, I doubt if there is much marketing or development money flowing from Germany to Auburn Hills...I wouldn't be surprised if it all dries up in the near future, or if they start cancelling Chrysler programs.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:33 PM

which means the challenger will not be built this is why we may not be hearing anything about the car because it has already been canceled

Jake
Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM

I agree...Mums the word

Last year ( 2006), the 300, Charger, Magnum triplets sold 297,943 . I believe that represents full speed ahead for the 3 shifts at Brampton. The intro of 2008 Challenger will keep the factory buzzing at full pop. Then, they'll be no need for further cutbacks, or price breaks for we the consumers.

50,000 Challengers as projected sales should pick up any slack from the 300, Charger, Magnum slowdown. Hopefully, DCX has got some tricks up its sleeve like a future Barracuda.

Perhaps, Jeremiah's dream of 30K Challengers and 30K Barracudas will come to fruition. We can only hope and pray. Boy.....decisions, decisions.[sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif]

Quick Reply: It seems DCX is falling behind already