Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Shaker hood

Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaker hood

I have read multiple posts on here and other forums about the Challenger having an optional shaker hood. What I have not found is where people are getting that info from. Could someone please enlighten me?

I really can’t see a Challenger coming from the factory with a shaker hood. This isn’t the 70’s. We don’t get options, we get packages. I really hope that that huge list of upgrade options is true but I really don’t see them coming from the factory like that…
Old 03-27-2008, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Shaker hood

I heard it from some guy on another site that said he got to ride in an R/T with someone who works within dodge.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM

The other night I tyoed in Challanger Accesories. Started clicking o things I had not seen yet, Saw an article that a prototype was out there and "should be availible as dealer acc". Unfortunatly I forgot where I read thet.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rumors about a future shaker hood, perhaps on a limited production car, are being posted by alleged "insiders." Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator

I know someone who works for Dodge engine testing, and he has not seen anything except for the hood that we have all seen already.

i think that a shaker will appear in the aftermarket, but its going to be difficult with the engine intake setup. keep in mind that the modern hemi doesnt get its air intake from the top/middle of the engine..it gets it from the very front of the intake, so for a shaker to work, there would be an intricate piping setup needed, that could be restrictive and costly on a factory vehicle, but ive seen them on rams, stratus rts, neons, vipers, lx cars...im certain that one will come from the aftermarket if these rumors fail to come true.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 AM

I definitely see this as an aftermarket option.

When people suddenly started talking about it coming from the plant or dealer that way though, it didn’t sound right to me.

I have family that are engineers for Dodge and when I threw that one out there on Easter no one had heard of it. Not that they necessarily would know but they usually have some info…
Old 03-27-2008, 01:18 PM

With the intake tract the way it is layed out it would be very hard to make a functional shaker hood. Like Pat said it would take some elaborate ducting through the hood for this to work. The aftermarket will surely cash in on the idea though, no matter how effective performance-wise it may be.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A clean functional ram air set-up was on the 2008 Chrysler 'Cuda that was built by Metalcrafters. The actual shaker was built by Danko Reproductions. It could easily be duplicated by Dodge. I think that we may see it on a limited production Challenger.

For photos, see:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...1&idg=1&idi=26
Old 03-28-2008, 03:50 PM

It would be awesome if they did one as a factory option. Probably only on some fancy-pants special version though if they do.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:52 PM

Man, this is my favorite topic.

First off, Creative Design Concepts (that did the Shaker for the '03 Mach 1) says their current Charger set up will work with the Challenger - I spoke directly to them.

Secondly, I as others, hope they'll makes the "concept" hood an option or via Mopar Performance. That hood had the ducting that Deranged mentions and with the K&N filter over the radiator support. That would be the best, even though we lost the "Butterfly" valves on the scoops that was my favorite part of the car. Reminded me of the '70 road runner/GTX hydraulic Air Grabber scoop that raised when you hit the button...Awesome still today, 38 years later!!

Quick Reply: Shaker hood