Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Should I take the damaged one or reorder?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I take the damaged one or reorder?

I wouldn't accept the fact that the car was damaged .... get your money back and go get it somewhere else!!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 AM

Possibly ask the other dealer to get another white RT and swap the damaged parts. Best of both worlds for you. Quick turn around time AND factory paint still.

OR get a white SE trunk and have the dealer throw in a Go Wing. With the SE trunk lid, you won't need to fill in any holes. Just a thought or two
Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 AM

I would not accept damaged either. Mainly because it will always show as damaged in VIN searches as well. Not worth it when it sounds like you have other feasible options. Good luck, sorry for your bad luck
Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 AM

Don't take it unless they give you a discount. And a sizable discount, just for your trouble.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 AM

The damage will allways be in the back of your mind and it will haunt you. Order a new one. Have you asked the dealer with the damaged one to get you a different one?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Yea, it will always feel dirty to you knowing that.......make them take $2,000 off at least to keep it.

I'm surprised you have another dealer near by with another Stone White one.
They are super hard to come by in So.Cal only 1 that I've found so far but it's missing the sunroof and they want $5k mark-up. (crazy)
I'm gonna have to wait till November for mine to be built.........8(

good luck!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Would be hard pressed to accept a new "damaged" vehicle without a very large discount. I would take my money to another dealer if they wouldn't discount the "damaged" vehicle....
Old 09-10-2008, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Carbon

Yea, it will always feel dirty to you knowing that.......make them take $2,000 off at least to keep it.
Yeah... then you can feel cheap AND dirty...
Old 09-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Thanks for all your responses.

SO I got back from my business trip on friday and I got hold of my dealer with the damaged R/T. As I expected (since I hadn't heard from him and had no messages from him waiting for me), they still dont have the parts (it's been 2 weeks since the incident) and no estimate on receiving them. I told him that paying MSRP for a car I'm waiting for indefinitely to be fixed is unacceptable and that I have a standing offer of MSRP - $1000 from anothe dealer to order me a fresh one. I told my damaged dealer that he ought to beat that offer or else I should take my business down the street to the other guy. My dealer said that by Monday noon he will get me 2 prices: 1) a reduced price on the damaged one and 2) a reduced price (below MSRP) on ordering another one. I told him that I'll wait til Monday noon (no later) to get these 2 prices and that unless the 1) is REALLY low, that I really see myself asking for someone to reorder me a fresh one. SO we'll see if he beats MSRP - $1000 for a new order or whether he can go MSRP - even more for the damaged one.

I'll let you know!!

Meanwhile I sw my 1st SRT (orange) driving on a highway near me y'day - it was SWEET!!! Love that mean looking front end coming right at you!!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 PM

Sounds like a good plan that puts you back in the drivers seat... so to speak. Also sounds like the ball is back in your court and thats a good place to be. Good luck and hope it works out huge in your advantage.

Quick Reply: Should I take the damaged one or reorder?