Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Side Stripe Chally on Ebay

Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Stripe Chally on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

Check out what this dealer did to this Challenger. First off, they put after market side stripes on this car. Granted, I don't think they look bad, but why would you ruin the originality of this low number Chally with some after market stripes? Good luck ever taking them off and not having to repaint the car. Second, they put 150+ miles on this car and now expect to sell it for a crazy amount of money on ebay.

I really can't believe how greedy some of these dealers are. Then, car salesmen wonder why they get the bad rap.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1501/BD9006ADBB50487F94C02B79A9C8BD04.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Default RE: Side Stripe Chally on Ebay

R/T stripes on an SRT8 car and 150 (+) miles and selling as new. Does the word CRACK mean anything?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM

Something tells me that "black" side stripes are not going to look quite right with "carbon fiber" hood stripes.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 PM

They definitely decreased the value of the car. . .
Old 07-03-2008, 08:00 PM

Holy cow! Only 167 miles that your dealership staff put on it while joyriding? They should be selling it as a demo with that kind of mileage.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 PM

you dont buy a challenger for its resale value....not even these limited ones.....just like anyone who bought them in the 70s didnt buy them as an investment..... these stripes look good on the o9 srt8s with the black hood stripes even though i would change the hood to begin with. looks nice rediculous price thats all
Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Hey I am the high bidder on this one of a kind all jazzed up and worked over Challenger I am sure they were very careful driving it for the 167 miles they put on it. I wonder if I could get them to put another stripe right under the ones they put on. That would be very hot and a one of a kind thing.
ORIGINAL: jono

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWDVW

Check out what this dealer did to this Challenger. First off, they put after market side stripes on this car. Granted, I don't think they look bad, but why would you ruin the originality of this low number Chally with some after market stripes? Good luck ever taking them off and not having to repaint the car. Second, they put 150+ miles on this car and now expect to sell it for a crazy amount of money on ebay.

I really can't believe how greedy some of these dealers are. Then, car salesmen wonder why they get the bad rap.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1501/BD9006ADBB50487F94C02B79A9C8BD04.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-03-2008, 09:20 PM
awc

You know, I'll be honest guys, I kinda like the stripes. I mean, obviously the dealers are nuts for asking what they are asking for it, and I agree trying to sell a used car (especially one that we can readily assume has been treated less than favorably) at a price over the MSPR of a new one is crazy. But besides that, thumbs up on the stripes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 PM

You have just got to hope,that someone that got the old 20grand markup after the fact took it out before signing and came back and said"No thanks". The 167 miles were probably done in about 100 ft of parking lot. The stripes were probably put on the next day to cover the key marks that mysteriously appeared overnight.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 AM

If the stripes were done to match the hood stripe, it would look good. But you can tell from the picture, the side stripes have a gloss finish while everything else on the car is matte finish. They may as well have spray painted the stripes on.

Quick Reply: Side Stripe Chally on Ebay