Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Strange sighting

Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange sighting

For the first time, I've encountered another Challenger while actually driving mine! I decided to bring my 09 to work this afternoon and while en route went past a Chrysler dealership. Parked at its side door was, as best as I could tell, an orange R/T (the spoiler wasn't black and it didn't appear to have stripes). However, it was NOT Hemi orange. It appeared to be the other orange (Daytona?) that's used on the Charger. Unfortunately, I was running kinda late, so I didn't have time to circle back around to take a closer look. By the way, it was Challenger No. 7 I've seen in the wild.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM

Default RE: Strange sighting

Well, when you have a name like Roswell, you may have strange encounters.....
Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Old 01-10-2009, 07:36 PM

it was Challenger No. 7 I've seen in the wild.
LOL!!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:45 PM

I pasted a Dodge dealer in Northern Arizona last week....on friday he had three; all RT's 2 with 6 spds and one auto (Orange, Red, & Silver). All were gone by Sunday....

By the way...sighting on the dealer's lot don't count.....In the wild and while driving mine, I have only seem two...however, while driving my Aviator I have seen perhaps four. The Challenger is rarer than the Spotted Owl in the wild...or so it seems..
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 AM

"By the way...sighting on the dealer's lot don't count..... "

I don't count Cruise-Ins either, so as of today I have never seen another Challenger while I was behind the wheel of mine. I have only seen 4 others on the road since their release.

Also I have never been challenged when I'm in the Challenger, but Mustang GT like to try to race me when I'm in my wifes Charger
Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM

I still manage to see about 1 a week since I've gotten mine, but so far I have yet to see another Inferno Red one like mine - most seem to be the usual black or orange.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

By the way...sighting on the dealer's lot don't count.....
Yes, they do, as long as it's not a Dodge dealer and as long as it's sitting next to a garage door and not out on the sales lot. This place, Lone Star Chrysler, is a Chrysler/Jeep dealer and they DON'T stock Dodges. Of course, they ARE affiliated with Lone Star Dodge, but that dealership is a good 10 miles away. Hence, I get to count the one I saw.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Saw my second one on the street while I was driving mine just last week. They must have spotted me before I saw them because they were waving like crazy. It's fun knowing that others appreciate how special it is to be in this select "Challenger" family. I have only spotted two others while not driving my Challenger. Seeing them on dealer lots does not count.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Actually, Runner, as rare as the Challenger is, we may have to start counting any we see ... even ones on dealer lots.

Somebody at work told me they've seen Tim Duncan driving his black SRT up and down I-10 several times. I haven't. But he lives way out on San Antonio's high-priced Northwest Side and I live on the VERY blue-collar Northeast Side. I knew I shoulda stuck with basketball.

Quick Reply: Strange sighting