Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

And they wonder why?

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default And they wonder why?

I've been looking at prices on the 6-speed R/Ts and they range from $31,000- $38,000 MSRP depending on options. I don't need much just the 6-speed and trac-pack. The rest is just fluff. I'm doing a refuel outage in SC and they have a few dealerships here. One of them Lake Keowee Dodge just got 2 R/Ts in and 1 is black but it has all the bells and whistles. They think they are going to get $40,000 out of this thing. Are they crazy... you can get an SRT-8 for $39999 on E-bay with the 6-speed in Mo. I'm going to go look at them this week, but only to blast them for over pricing their stock... oh yeah and to look at the cars I could buy a nice R/T on E-Bay and buy a one way ticket to go and get it. I've been trying to talk myself into waiting until I get back to NC and getting one then. But back to the deal, these dealers are so cocky to think they will get these inflated prices. I'd go $1000 under MSRP right now! But I think they would rather just go belly up
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: And they wonder why?

Yep, Lear, you've hit the nail on the head. Apparently, some dealerships indeed WOULD rather go belly-up than actually sell cars. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it's not corporate policy to act that way. It's really amazing with Dodge running so many end-of-the-year ads begging people to come in and take an 08 non-Challenger off their hands that the one vehicle they actually have that sells is so hard to get and when it IS available, some dealer is trying to bilk the public.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:16 AM

If you're willing to travel, my dealer in Fort Worth, TX took $1500 off MSRP on mine without even haggling. If you want, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Bottom line, there's NO excuse for anyone settling for MSRP anymore, much less pay the ridiculous markups (but I guess some saps are still doing it, go figure ). There ARE deals out there to be had on these - they may be a bit harder to come by on an SRT, but if you're patient enough, you can find them. If a dealer is still trying to BS you by saying they can't (or won't) go below MSRP, WALK AWAY.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:17 AM

I know I mentioned it before... but I"ll say it again. Met a guy with a Challenger R/T the other day who said he paid $9k over MSRP... [sm=insomnia.gif]

As long as that kind of thing is happening it kind of ruins it for the more reasonable folks who want the car... [:@]
Old 11-24-2008, 04:54 AM

Let's see, I am slowly bleeding to death, so I think I'll just shoot myself in the foot...that should help...
(Dealers just don't seem to get it.....)
Old 11-24-2008, 04:56 AM

"I don't need much just the 6-speed and trac-pack. The rest is just fluff."

This is the type of car I own. I know where there is a decent selection with these options and I paid very close to invoice.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:59 AM

no kiddin cause i ain't gonna pay over msrp then again that is why i probably never own one
Old 11-24-2008, 05:20 AM

I am not kiddin. I have not checked the dealers inventory since I bought mine but I will right now. When I bought mine they had about four cars with The Trak Pack as the only option.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 AM

My selling dealer has silver, white, blue and black in stock with no options except Trak Pac. They have other's also with more options. They currently have 22 Challengers in stock.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 AM

at a price over msrp?

Quick Reply: And they wonder why?