Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

ut oh!!!! Ford is concerned bout the srt-8...a must read here..real world report!!!!

Old 05-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ut oh!!!! Ford is concerned bout the srt-8...a must read here..real world report!!!!

btw.... a dealer for my companies product sent me these pics....thier shop is at La Guna Seca in cali...these pics are 1 weeks old....finally we see pics of this car in real world...beside a car...so we can tell what its stance is....

here is what he posted to me....seems like ford is concerned....

Posted: May 17 2008 8:31 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doug;
They had black ones, silver, and the orange. They have a carbon fiber insert in the hood. I thought the silver with the insert looked the best.

When Ford heard what was going on they sent that guy out with the Super Snake.

They came out from the track and pulled into our place to ask if we thought they could get away with drag racing each other on Rosemond Blvd in front of our place. I told them if CHP came by, they would be toast. However they were unaware theyt the entrance road to the track was private, so they went over there to do it.

We didn't go watch ( had to get my guys back to work ), but I think it would have been pretty even. The Stang had the Challenger covered by about 120 hp, but it was way over powering the street out here.

Very cool being at the track. We see cars that most people only see in magazines. We have the only full on machine shop out here, so we have had people like Penske Racing come in and ask us to machine something for their Americam Lemans Porsche Spyder team that is up there testing. I have actually met Dan Gurney out here.

Jay
Old 05-17-2008, 05:57 PM

Default RE: ut oh!!!! Ford is concerned bout the srt-8...a must read here..real world report!!!!

It's On!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:11 PM

Default RE: ut oh!!!! Ford is concerned bout the srt-8...a must read here..real world report!!!!

I'm for mopar but those are two good looking cars.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Definately a flash back to the muscle car glory days!!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, but where's the bellbottoms, bushy sideburns and widebanded wristwatches?

Old 05-18-2008, 05:23 AM

for those old enuff to remeber "mini skirts"...glad to see photos like this....albeit we may have only a few years before the fun ends..projections are $5 gal gas by this fall
Old 05-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

Yeah, but where's the bellbottoms, bush sideburns and widebanded wristwatches?
Boy does that bring back old memories. Yes, I had all those until my senior year and then I grew up and became a goat roper.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:03 PM

Man that car looks good!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:25 PM

Both are awesome looking cars, and yes I remember the bell bottoms, mini skirts and platform shoes.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:08 PM

I could be way behind the curve and just noticing this now. But assuming the challenger is stock -- do we get hood struts instead of the hood prop bar as a stock feature of the Chally SRT8? If so, rock on. Always sad to see manufacturers leave out that cheap/simple feature -- case in point, that stang.

Quick Reply: ut oh!!!! Ford is concerned bout the srt-8...a must read here..real world report!!!!