Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

VIN numbers are coming out?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIN numbers are coming out?

I looked on ebay at the challengers for sale and noticed two of the four listed actually had VIN numbers. Has anyone on here gotten a VIN number yet?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Default RE: VIN numbers are coming out?

I noticed this as well, So, I made a call to the Chrysler hot line 1-800-922-1997! Still Status code “C”! I did however get a reference code this time…..So they have all my info. on file…..makes it pretty easy to check the status whenever I get the bug too!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 03HDFB

I noticed this as well, So, I made a call to the Chrysler hot line 1-800-922-1997! Still Status code “C”! I did however get a reference code this time…..So they have all my info. on file…..makes it pretty easy to check the status whenever I get the bug too!
Does the reference # making the process of looking up your quicker?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bluestang50
I looked on ebay at the challengers for sale and noticed two of the four listed actually had VIN numbers. Has anyone on here gotten a VIN number yet?
I think they are trying to make ebay think they have an actual Challenger so they don't get thier listing pulled for selling an item they do not have. Can't hardly sell something you don't own.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:55 AM

MGDMike,
Yes, looking up the info on your order is much easier with the Ref#. I don't know about you, but when I call Chrysler....it usually takes 2-3 conversations to get to someone who can answer my question. Now I just give them my Ref#....and they know all about my order as well as my personal info.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM

So do we have any real idea when we see vin numbers . I was hopeing to have my car in the spring sometime .Am I dreaming .
Old 02-19-2008, 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

So do we have any real idea when we see vin numbers . I was hopeing to have my car in the spring sometime .Am I dreaming .
It amazes me that there is so little real information coming out, just BS from so-called dealers who have cars available for auction and so on.

It was my understanding that 4300 were sold on day one, and by 1/6 there were 9000+ orders. Later we find out only 6400 (US) units will be built, yet ebay has dealers saying they can still get you any color with any options right now. It's my understanding that once you order you cannot change anything on the Challenger, which means these guys haven't ordered it yet?? What gives?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM

You really think all 6400 that ordered a challenger will get one????
What happens if all the dealers get 1 or 2 as their Allocation for their personal stock to sell on the lot....
That means few if any will will be built for anyone that have ordered one..
Just because you have a Von and you are in C does not mean a thing untill you get a vin#
I really don't think many will get Vin#.s
The dealers already know what they are getting to sell,,,and
I am sure the orders are a after thought where most are earning interest on your money..........
Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM

That is very interesting info....

I called my dealer today to check on the status of my Challenger order.

I do have a reference number and "C" status.

He said something that confused me, but after reading all of these posts... I think I am beginning to see the big picture.

He told me that "your car might actually come in as a 2009 model, depending on when it is built.. Dodge has not been clear on all the details". I asked if this would still be one of the 'limited edition' run of ~ 6,000 being built. He said that it would.

Now I'm beginning to have my doubts... like one poster said.. no VIN... no guarantee..

I suspect that they are going to take the orders that went over the 6,000 mark and turn them into 2009's..... ??????!!!!!

Is that possible? I guess the answer is yes if you don't have a VIN..

I personally want a 2008 and one of the 6,000..... not a 2009. In my opinion, they will be worth far less... and what is the point of paying 15k over list for a 2009? If I am going to end up with a 2009 then I'll take the six speed manual trans option!!!

I would like to hear what others think about this as a possibility.

Thanks....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM

I visited my dodge dealer in person after work today for; 1) see if there was any updated data available, there was none. I'm with my salesman plus guy who places the order. 2) wanted to see if once my VIN # was out if I could order MYGIG. He said I'll do it right now, he went on line and could not change/add any option to the order, I was right there. The way them guys on ebay is doing it is they have ordered one of each color under the dealer ordering persons name. The dealer did have a 24X18 poster picture of the srt8 airborne. that is all the news they have been given. They don't even know when the 09's can be ordered.

Quick Reply: VIN numbers are coming out?