Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Virtues of Waiting for '09 or Later

Old 12-13-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtues of Waiting for '09 or Later

A friend of mine who was in car sales for longer than he cares to remember informed me that specialty cars that either come out the first year or the very last year of production are the most collectable. Be that as it may, my question to you folks is: as a general rule, isn't it wiser to wait at least until the next model year before purchasing a car like the Challenger so that it's had time to get the kinks worked out of it at the factory, thereby arriving in a more "perfected" state?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Default RE: Virtues of Waiting for '09 or Later

That was more true in the past but still has some value today.

I'm waiting to see how the Challenger line shapes up, there are exciting choices coming next year and avoiding the crazy dealer mark up.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM

But I believe (besides what others say) that the 08 challengers will be worth more in the future and now depreciate like a 09 will. Thats just my 00.02 cents
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

as a general rule, isn't it wiser to wait at least until the next model year before purchasing a car like the Challenger so that it's had time to get the kinks worked out of it at the factory, thereby arriving in a more "perfected" state?
We have been talking about that for the last year, but not every agrees with that idea.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:57 PM

Sort of off topic, 2007HemiCuda, but cool Battlestar Galactica stuff!!! Brings back childhood memories. I remember those wicked "yo-yo" ships. Hee, hee, hee.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:08 PM

I dont care. I want one for the joy of the car, not investment value. By that time I will be an old fart and who cares. If I want to invest for a return I will put more in the markets.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: tnek

I dont care. I want one for the joy of the car, not investment value. By that time I will be an old fart and who cares. If I want to invest for a return I will put more in the markets.
Amen
Old 12-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Right on Tnek. The only way I would see the Challenger as an investment is as an opportunity to get the family together for Sunday drives, Thursday (or whichever night in your locale) Night Car night on the main drag in the summer, and of course an occasional application of some of the old fun pedal therapy!

Old 12-14-2007, 04:47 AM

I'm the same way, I'm not into purchasing a car to used as an investment. I want to drive it, I want to test its limits, but it will not make me any profit.

As far as waiting till '09 to purchase the Challenger well, us military folks aren't really loaded with dough.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

You guys should certainly get more and thanks for the job you do.

As far as waiting till '09 to purchase the Challenger well, us military folks aren't really loaded with dough.

Quick Reply: Virtues of Waiting for '09 or Later