Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

VON?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VON?

I'm not that car say so after you get done laughing at my stupid question could someone tell me what this VON you guys are talking about is? I know what VIN means but not VON. Is it order number or something? I ordered my car 3 weeks ago so should I have asked for the number so I could track it or does it take awhile to get it? Again sorry for the dumb questions but I have never bought a car before that I didnt just pick off a lot.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 AM

Default RE: VON?

Vehicle Order Number-It's a number assigned to the dealer by Chrysler after Chrysler accepts the dealers order since there is no VIN until the car is in "D" status.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:01 AM

Thanks
Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have one, you should get it from your dealer. With a VON, you will be able to call Customer Service to obtain your order status codes.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 AM

So I called the dealer and even though I ordered the car on the fifth of august they say there is no VON for it but it is in the system. Does that sound correct? I thought the VON was something they got right away when they ordered the car
Old 08-30-2008, 07:49 AM

Whiplash, when you order a car and the dealer goes to his odering computer and places all your order info in and submits it he then gets a confirmation from Dodge that his order has been accepeted. At that time the dealer should print this out for you as it is called a VON -IE Vehicle Order Number. It has a number on it usually up in the right hand corner and a copy should be yours. If not then I can only assume the dealer is not being totally honest with you or perhaps he does not have an allotment for this order and it wasn't accepted by Dodge. Thats my best knowledge of the VON. Well not mine really , my wife worked at a dealer for 37 yrs, LOL. thats it , Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: whiplash

So I called the dealer and even though I ordered the car on the fifth of august they say there is no VON for it but it is in the system. Does that sound correct? I thought the VON was something they got right away when they ordered the car
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 AM

You are CORRECT! You must have a VON# to have a car on order! If you do not have one then you do not have a Challenger now or ever!!! There cannot be an order "in the system" without a VON!!! Sorry?!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Whiplash, when you order a car and the dealer goes to his odering computer and places all your order info in and submits it he then gets a confirmation from Dodge that his order has been accepeted. At that time the dealer should print this out for you as it is called a VON -IE Vehicle Order Number. It has a number on it usually up in the right hand corner and a copy should be yours. If not then I can only assume the dealer is not being totally honest with you or perhaps he does not have an allotment for this order and it wasn't accepted by Dodge. Thats my best knowledge of the VON. Well not mine really , my wife worked at a dealer for 37 yrs, LOL. thats it , Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: whiplash

Old 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Whiplash , I'm sorry but you really need to go to another dealer as fast as you can an order a Challenger and demand a Von number. If your original dealer refuses to give you a copy of the VON which is the Vehicle Order Sheet with that number on it and you have given him a deposit , then tell him you want your deposit refunded to you unless he gives you that VON number and a print out of the sheet. Thats what I would do and thats NO BULL at all!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 AM

I was able to get the number, it turns out that they thought I was asking for something else other than the VON. I guess I wasn't specific enough with my question. Just had to keep talking until they realized what I wanted lol.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 AM

And apparently I fail at getting my registry picture to show up as well.

Quick Reply: VON?