Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

To Wave or Not To Wave

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Wave or Not To Wave

From my motorcycling history, a lot of riders wave to one another. I've heard older and newer Beetle owners wave.. Think Challenger owners should start that. Espcially (sp) with the semi-exclusivness of them?????
Old 04-24-2008, 06:32 AM

Default RE: To Wave or Not To Wave

I think it would be alright to do, but don't expect everyone to join in. Corvette owners do it, but not all. I've received hands waving out of the top to indifferent stares and total indifference as I passed other vettes. Most raise a couple fingers off the steering wheel if they give you anything at all, but at least it's not one raised finger. It got to the point that I would wait for them to wave first because returned waves got so scarce.

I'll go along with the forum, what say ye guys and gals, should we wave?

P. S. The best was the "beep beep" from Roadrunner to Roadrunner, and almost everyone returned the "beep beep".
Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 AM

The Wrangler guys have the Jeep wave... I don't see it really catching on with the the Challenger though...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:43 AM

One of the things I liked about moving to va on our back roads its rare if people dont wave even the cops, I had a relative visiting from long Island after passing say ten cars and getting 9 waves she asked Do you know all those people? here there is ! finger courtisy, 2fingers you look fermilier, 3 fingers I think I know you ,whole hand big smile... WHATS UP ,,,,,,The fun thing about driving my eb3 blue white top/interior 70 challenger convertible is all the smiles it puts on peoples faces.. and the must have sold 40,000 of em because every one either had one or their brother did..Happy memories..
Old 04-24-2008, 08:25 AM

Owning my corvette i cought on the the "wave" quick. Every dam corvette would wave at me! I hope this does not happen to much with the chally. Ill wave but i still dont understand. I am driving a 2001 Beetle now and everyone waves at me then punches the person next to him or her!???!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Punch Bug
Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 AM

I think it will depend on the popularity/numbers on the road. When just 08 SRT's are on the road, I think the wave would probably be popular, because it would be uncommon to see another. If the 09's start flooding the road with challengers, "wave fatigue" might set in. I do not have the forumula for what a critical mass would be, but it might be fun to work out how many sightings per day a person has before they get tired of waving.

I think it also is correlated to how closely a vehicle is associated with a certain personality or type of person, i.e. "It's a Jeep thing".
Old 04-24-2008, 09:39 AM

"Its a jeep thing" Ha Ha. What would ours say? Something on the front bumper.." If you can read this my car is parked"
Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM

I'm down with the wave, when I owned a Vette a few years ago I caught on with that. I got the feeling those who waved back the Corvette was a hobby, those who didn't where just driving their car.

How about a thumbs up?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM

When i had my 347 stang other guys with modded stangs would usually wave.

Quick Reply: To Wave or Not To Wave