Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Are We Ready for the Challenger to Evolve

Old 03-29-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are We Ready for the Challenger to Evolve

Are we ready for the Challenger to evolve?
The problem with "retro" cars is that they are enslaved by the very same past they seek to recreate...Say what you will about the gorgeous and historically accurate sculpting of Dodge's Challenger, there's little doubt the car is pigeonholed by the very faithfulness fans of the famed pony car proclaim.
http://www.nationalpost.com/cars/sto...id=1432628&p=1

The article is an interesting read beyond being a Camaro bravo review. Although I found it has errors which one could argue differences of opinion. It does pose an interesting question though. Should the Challenger go the Porsche 911 route? Are we ready for an all new Challenger? Many of us have seen the proposed 1975 cars. I want Challenger to evolve perhaps nothing radical since I believe the original design is almost timeless. I want this car to live beyond a five year cycle like it always deserved.
What about you?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I as many others think that the 70 Challenger was by far the best looking of the 5 year run. After that it got slower and heavier. If they will leave the general design alone and concentrate on upgraded performance and different hood schemes. Along with new colors that will be enough to keep it rolloing along for a few years. Then it will be like the Camaro and Mustang of old as the idea fades. But with the platform well established... why not a retro Roadrunner or GTX. Cuda and Dart. Anyone for a real live 2 door Charger? They could keep the LY platform going and really retro it to the max.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Default re: Callenger to evolve

I think the Challenger is by far the best looking of the three. However, the Challenger retro all look will make it difficult to keep it fresh long term. Kind of like the PT Cruiser, what do you do to keep it fresh long term. It would be interesting to hear from Chrysler if they think the Challenger is a 4-5 year run and dead or if they have intentions of keeping it alive long term if sales hold at above 25,000 a year.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM

Hello Gents. Lear brings up an interesting idea basically the "LX coupe" having it every few years rebodied it with another historic muscle Mopar. I'd like a modern Duster340 or 71 Roadrunner.
Originally Posted by MoparOhio
...the Challenger retro all look will make it difficult to keep it fresh long term. Kind of like the PT Cruiser, what do you do to keep it fresh long term. It would be interesting to hear from Chrysler if they think the Challenger is a 4-5 year run and dead or if they have intentions of keeping it alive long term if sales hold at above 25,000 a year.
You do it like Chrysler planned in 1975 or look how GM did the Camaro/Firebird through 2002. I'd say like Ford did with the Mustang but not so much the Mustang II years. I'd like to hope Chrysler will not bail on the muscle coupe this time. There are generations who deserve the same smiles over miles we do.