Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What do you guys think?!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think?!

I've been reading about the recession and the bailout and all that but I still haven't seen anything in stone on whether or not they're going to be producing the Challenger in 2010. Any of you guys have any insight on this or could you point me in the right direction? Basically I want to order a brand new Chally, preferably a 2010, but if there's a good chance they won't be making them then I guess i'll need to pull the trigger now and get an '09?!?
Old 12-25-2008, 03:51 AM

Default RE: What do you guys think?!

It's hard to say what's going to happen for '10. At least if you pull the trigger on the 09 you can always trade for the '10. At some point I read something about the '10's having a new hood and steering wheel.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:50 AM

I would not bet on a 2010. It might happen.......maybe.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:39 AM

With the government stepping up with a loan, and if gas prices rocket up again, they may be forced to only produce what the government wants them too. It will be interesting to see what happens.
That is why I went ahead and pulled the trigger now on my 09 R/T, at least I have one, and I can always trade up later if all goes well with the Challenger line in the future.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:22 AM

Thanks that's the kind of stuff I needed to hear. Now to piggyback on that, i'm working overseas and plan on being here until Nov '09 at the earliest. Say I buy the '09 Chally now, the 2010 comes out before I come hom, how much of a $$ hit would I be taking by trading in an '09 that's been in storage for a year? Sorry for all the crazy questions, i've been running all this through my mind for the last month. I could live with taking a small hit, but anything significant and I guess i'll have some more thinking to do...
Old 12-25-2008, 06:23 AM

if chrysler lives till 2010 then there will be a challenger...
Old 12-25-2008, 06:24 AM

Unless they (Dodge) are going to do something drastic like add 5o horse or many other special editions, I'd say pull the trigger now. The Gov just might be the demise of the musclecar! Remember they killed them after '71, nothing to stop them from doing it again. GO FOR IT!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:13 PM

The government has much more control over the auto industry now than they ever had in 1970. I believe that if we want the Challenger and or Dodge to survive we ought to buy the good products that they have in showrooms now. Then again, when it comes to buying auto's loyality to a manufacturer has never gotten me anywhere due to the fact that American Auto Dealer's can be quite greedy, especially if they have a hot, new product. I believe the dealer has a right to make a profit, but if I am already a customer they should find a way to keep me in my community.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:16 PM

You only live once, life is a lot shorter than you think, don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today. You never really know what going to happen tomorrow. Do what makes you happy is what I say. If your strong you will survive one way or another.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:39 PM

If Dodge is around till the end of 2009 they will
make a 2010 Challenger rt.
I really don't think they will be around much longer.
I want to see and test drive a Camaro SS first.
If I don't like the Camaro SS then I will buy a 2010 Challenger rt and again thats if they are around.
Otherwise if Dodge goes out of business you will find many deals of
unsold cars at the auctions.
But as of now I am sitting back and see what the Camaro will feel like in late Feb or early march.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?!