Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

If that is true I'll buy two, a His and Hers..
Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

On the off chance that anyone still cares about the original poster's question, the current 'insider' rumor is that a 6.1 R/T will cost about what a Mustang GT vert costs, or around $31k...

Has the "insider" looked at the sticker on the SRT8 Charger? The one I saw was around $45K. I would think the Challenger is going to be north of that.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:24 PM

I'm thirteen and if the old man gets a challenger i would, till im 19, have him right next to me in the passenger seat.
for now i'll just shoot for his 84' Vette.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Jayhawk

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

On the off chance that anyone still cares about the original poster's question, the current 'insider' rumor is that a 6.1 R/T will cost about what a Mustang GT vert costs, or around $31k...

Has the "insider" looked at the sticker on the SRT8 Charger? The one I saw was around $45K. I would think the Challenger is going to be north of that.
Its obvious the base Hemi Challenger will be much less than the SRT8 Charger.. "Under $31,000" came out of DCX a long time ago.. and many of the "insiders" real or not, all believe the same thing (on multiple forums).

The question remains, will the "Under $31,000" be the 5.7 or 6.1?

My guess.. $30,999 will get you a 6.1 Hemi Challenger.

The 2009-2010 SRT Charger, Magnum, 300, Challenger are all rumored to be getting the new 6.4 (392) with over 500hp.

They wouldnt release a 5.7 Challenger for late 08, then a 6.1 for 2009-2010.

I think we'll see the 6.1 Hemi in 2008.. then a 6.4 SRT sometime in 2009.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator

im so sick of all of the rumors that have no basis...

there is nothing, at all, obvious about the thought of the challenger being priced much lower than the srt8 vehicles, unless it has the 5.7L in it...dodge isnt going to undercut themselves on a low production model.

its not about anything but making money. they currently sell 3 cars with the 6.1...and the price of those range from 38 to 45 thousand...you really think that DCX is going to undercut itself that much? MANY people buy the charger because of the name and the power...the already likely low production challenger isnt going to be a bargain car...the "rumors" that came out long ago stated that the entry level would be 31,000...i could see that with the 5.7, as it would be along the lines, both in power and price, as the current RT models...slightly more than the 300hp mustang GT.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM

With those prices for the big ones, I'll gladly take a 5.7L manual RT!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

I am not for speculation either. We did some of it over a year ago. I would suggest we not waste any more time until we here some actual numbers
from an official source.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

we are prepared to pay 300C srt8 prices for a 6.1L powered challenger...if these rumors are right and it only costs me 31g for a 6.1L challenger, that would be AWESOME..but im not getting my hopes up...i used to work for dodge...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

we are prepared to pay 300C srt8 prices for a 6.1L powered challenger...if these rumors are right and it only costs me 31g for a 6.1L challenger, that would be AWESOME..but im not getting my hopes up...i used to work for dodge...
Read my previous post again.. WHY would they release a 5.7 Challenger to only have it replaced by a 6.1 in 16-18 months... If they want to do 3 Challenger Models.. fine. But the current trend at DCX is "Base Hemi" / "Performance Hemi"

The new 6.4 (392) is very real.. its happening very soon.

The Charger, Magnum, 300 SRT will get the 6.4 SOON.. they will not build a 5.7 Challenger base, with a 6.4 SRT.. What exactly do you think is expensive.. its new body work on a platform which will be used on all future Magum, Charger, 300.. and probably a few other new vehicles (Chrysler Sedan).

425hp, 6.1 Challenger.. for $30,999.. is not that crazy of an idea.. its an AMERICAN car.. we've known for years that our build and engineering standards are far below european and asian standards... I have no problem thinking that an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR was much cheaper to produce than a $35,000 Mitsubishi Evo / Subaru WRX STI.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Administrator

so you think that with the flagship performance model viper, having 600hp...and costing only 83,000 (recently released new viper price)...that they are going to make an "affordable" 500+hp challenger, with the 6.4? the 500-ish horsepower challenger, if priced under 50,000 will steal sales from the already low sales viper...

youre familiar with dodges current pricing tables, right? my STRATUS was 26,000...for a loaded FWD, 200hp model. the current charger SXT, with 250hp...and NO OPTIONS, is over 27,000...you think that the challenger with a 425hp 6.1L hemi is going to cost only slightly moe than the charger SXT...i could easily see a 5.7L hemi challenger, with cloth interior, etc...costing that much, but youe being way too hopeful with your pricing guesses...especially considering dodge reps have commented that we can expect the challenger to be priced similar to the charger, model for model. it makes no difference what it costs to produce the vehicle...it matters what they are trying to achieve with the car, and nothing that ive read from chrysler suggests that they are trying to make a bargain racer. chrysler is already having problem selling cars, and there has never been a single piece of evidence to suggest that we will see a 6.4L engine in a production model any time soon...if there was ANY evidence of them putting the 6.4L into the SRT models any time soon, i may consider agreeing with your theory, but there just isnt. selling the challenger for 31,000 with the 6.1L would slaughter the already poor sales number of the SRT8 vehicles.

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?