Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/what-would-you-do-if-ricer-pulled-up-next-you-redlight-gunned-his-engine-3764/)

Cuda340 07-06-2008 09:56 AM

What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

We all know that sooner or later we will be confronted by a Ricer. What will you do?

RRUNNER 07-06-2008 10:02 AM

RE: What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

Well, the poll doesn't work, but I would look over at him and laugh. Had that happen to me in my vette, and this kid just wouldn't leave me alone. Week after week this kid would do all kinds of things to get me to go. Finally one night he had a guy and two chicks in the car and started it again. I decided I'd had enough and hit it. I blew his doors off and slowed down waiting for him to catch up, and when he did his buddy and the two girls were laughing at him hysterically. Funny, he never tried that again.

Andre@Edge 07-06-2008 10:03 AM

RE: What would You do if a Ricer Pulled Up Next to You at A Redlight and Gunned his Engine?

I would most likely throw my change at him, and tell him to comeback when he grows up!

They can do a lot with the smaller displacement engines now a days. The only thing that beats cubic inches, is cubic dollars......

mopar4me2 07-06-2008 10:23 AM

show e'm what challenger tailights look like as they fade out:D of sight or better yet make him think your gonna race and when he takes off just idle off the light (works best in known speed trap areas);)

Paladin06 07-06-2008 10:30 AM

Look Over and Just Smile (not worthy)

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-06-2008 10:33 AM

Laugh...wife had a VW Cabriolet,GTI motor..lol..That ate the rice.

1971cuda convert 07-06-2008 12:20 PM

Look Over and Just Smile (not worthy)

And yes its already happened .

BootCamp 07-06-2008 03:06 PM

Try to catch my breath - from laughing too hard.
Then, when I CAN breathe, invite him/her to meet me at the drag strip on Sunday morning.
Im not a foolish kid anymore. If were gonna light em up, lets do it the right way.

roadagent 07-06-2008 03:21 PM

more than likely the first couple times I'd showem the tailights,but it's gonna get old real quick and with the price of gas I can't afford to be racing every jerkoff in Florida.

Yankee 07-06-2008 03:27 PM

I'm with the "look over and smile" crowd too. They aren't even worth my time in my Camry, let alone a Challenger.

Now if a new Camaro pulls along side at a stoplight... that might be a different story. ;)

fatcat 07-06-2008 03:38 PM

Look over and smile.....not worthy....I might also ..." anytime at Enghlishtown Raceway Park and put up $500" [sm=gears.gif]

hawknhemi 07-06-2008 04:42 PM

Probably laugh and not give them the time of day, although leaving them in the dust would be very tempting.

halsflying 07-06-2008 07:09 PM

Ricers need to stay with ther own kind. Any body thats puts a coffee can on for a tail pipe and thinks that sounds good has no bussiness fooling aroud with real muscel cars.

MrKrisSullivan 07-06-2008 08:21 PM

Not worth your time in your camry?? Lol.... I like going with them.... I guess because im in a Hemi Truck and the look on theier faces when I pull away it's awsome... plus I can only imagine how loud the flowmasters sound right next to your window...lol...

RUBBERBNDMAN 07-06-2008 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: halsflying

Ricers need to stay with ther own kind. Any body thats puts a coffee can on for a tail pipe and thinks that sounds good has no bussiness fooling aroud with real muscel cars.
Coffee can?? I thought that was a giant KaZoo...

RoswellGrey 07-07-2008 12:35 AM

Personally, I always like the idea of adding a rear spoiler, the bigger, the more wings, the better, on a front-wheel-drive car. It's especially important when you get up around 200 mph. :D

brucer41 07-07-2008 05:50 AM

Personally I would be torn. I guess it would be the attitude coming from the ricer. If it was a snot nosed little pup with no respect, well then I probably will blow his doors off just to show him that he needs to grow some longer hairs around his ambition. If it was a friendly "Lets Go", then may be I will laugh and sure not let them be worth it all. If it was a serious call, then I would most certainly ask for a title run. I could use what money I get from that junk pile after selling it to buy new tires and gas, oil change etc. for my Challenger.

mopar2ya 07-07-2008 05:52 AM

Smoke him while you got him... :D

Thor77 07-07-2008 06:09 AM

There are some "ricers" that run quite fast. I'd still vote for "Blow his doors off"...up to the legal posted speed limit of course ;);)

MrKrisSullivan 07-07-2008 10:11 AM

Ha that's funny Thor... I've always said I don't speed I just drive fast to the speed limit.;) Except one time a sorry Titan was next to me and I peeled my tires on accident and a 5-0 got me for racing on a highway.
But I still beat him to 55mph.;) After I got my ticket and went on down the road they caught his sorry truck. (Gave them a discreptoin):)

tdub2112 07-07-2008 10:40 AM

Shake my head no... rev the engine and do a Marty McFly(kick into reverse and pull a 180) that is if we we're on a road without any cars.

Many a ricer have pulled up to our Corvette. no wins or losses... yet;)
It's like "I am Legend" we're all the ricer's come out after sunset and our "Will Smith" Corvette pull out the big guns.

JJMPB 07-07-2008 10:45 AM

why waste the gas or the rubber and tell your friends to get out and start pushin you wanna save whats left in the tank for tomorrow

Thor77 07-07-2008 12:47 PM

It's OK not to want to race on the street, but I do not think that the "not worthy" response is always merited. If you want to claim superiority, you have to prove it. You never know what the other guy has, and there are plenty of tame looking cars that are heavily modified under the hood...or tacky ricers with the speed to back up their gratuitous body kits. It's fine to ignore a challenge, but to pretend you would have automatically smoked him is hubris.

To use a Mopar based example: Would you laugh if a Reliant revved on you? You might be tempted. But it might be this guy: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

lear4406 07-07-2008 01:16 PM

Two years ago when I still lived in SC, I drove over to the parts store in my 71 Challenger. This town is Toccoa Ga. and it was a Sat. evening and the rice was thick. I drove by a hang out where there was alot of kids with ricers. As I drove back by after getting my parts a Honda Civic of some kind started harrassing me. Riding my tail and revving up. He had his girlfriend with him and I guess he wanted to show off to her. She was hot. Oh yeah back to my story. So we hit a stop light and he pulled up beside me and hit his NOS and it sprayed out past his windshield. He had a smerk on his face and he revved off his limiter as his girl smiled and had a look of (your toast). So the light went green and I let him get the jump... then put bus lengths on him as I only went to 2nd and let out. Never went past 60 mph. When they pulled up I laughed and said even with 100 shot you can only be putting 200 HP out and I still have you covered. His girl looked a little P-terbed so I let it go as a lesson learned. Educating ricers one at a time. But I did get beat in my Stealth by a nice running 240 SX;)

tdub2112 07-08-2008 12:32 PM

Get R Done!:D

That is my kind of story.

Thor77 07-09-2008 06:53 AM

That's what I'm talkin about! If you had not demonstrated road superiority, he would been posting in some other forum about how Mopar muscle cars were scared of his intimidating nitrous purge. Now perhaps he will have a more well rounded perspective;)

dodgebrothers 07-09-2008 04:50 PM

Say : "I only race for titles, and I don't want THAT"

;)

APower 07-11-2008 01:35 PM

Some rice is good, usually have to have a few good toppings to make it worth the go juice.