Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS??? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/whats-really-going-dodge-these-challengers-3258/)

Cuda340 05-17-2008 10:06 AM

RE: WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

The latest news from Brampton is that only 24 cars are coming off the line daily (capacity is 1,250 with 3 shifts). The 2008 model run won't be completed until the factory goes on vacation in mid-July.

When they come back off of vacation, the factory will start producing R/Ts. The 2009 run of SRTs will not start until mid-September. ;)

npeifer 05-17-2008 10:36 AM

I promise that we dealers are NOT involved in some conspiracy with these Challengers. I want mine as bad as anybody in the world !!!!!!!!!!

Venthos 05-17-2008 12:31 PM

I'm just tired of the conspiracy theories like the original post here. The assumption that Chrysler is intentionally misleading the consumer or that they are intentionally delaying selling cars for any reason other than quality assurance is ridiculous. It really must be depressing to wake up every day thinking that the world is out to screw you.

RoswellGrey 05-17-2008 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Venthos

I'm just tired of the conspiracy theories like the original post here. The assumption that Chrysler is intentionally misleading the consumer or that they are intentionally delaying selling cars for any reason other than quality assurance is ridiculous. It really must be depressing to wake up every day thinking that the world is out to screw you.
It IS depressing. But the world IS. So what's your point? ;)

RoswellGrey 05-17-2008 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

The latest news from Brampton is that only 24 cars are coming off the line daily (capacity is 1,250 with 3 shifts). The 2008 model run won't be completed until the factory goes on vacation in mid-July.

When they come back off of vacation, the factory will start producing R/Ts. The 2009 run of SRTs will not start until mid-September. ;)
Any word on when the SEs are going into production???? By mid-September, we'll probably be seeing gas in the $4.25 to $4.50 range. I sure don't want anything more than a V-6.

Billionaire 05-17-2008 01:59 PM

When I was in my early 20's I used to believe in conspiracy theories and I got caught up in a lot of negative thinking. Now I realize that there aren't that many conspiracies and it's kinda dumb and a waste of time to believe in conspiracies. I now know that negative thinking and conspiracy thinking will make you a loser or at least get you down and be a huge waste of time. You shouldn't let negative thoughts or anger get out of control in you. It's much better to think positive thoughts and remind yourself of how many good things there are in the world and how many good things people have done for you! One time I made a list of all the good things that people have done for me, and it was amazing. Many people tend to allow negative thoughts to blow up and dominate their minds, but that's not a fair way to view the world. Chrysler has done something good for us. They made the Challenger. Just calm down and give it another month. Go to the beach or do something fun.

Cuda340 05-17-2008 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

Any word on when the SEs are going into production???? By mid-September, we'll probably be seeing gas in the $4.25 to $4.50 range. I sure don't want anything more than a V-6.

From reading various car mags, it seems the consensus is that the SEs and SXTs will not start production until January- just in time to duel with the new Camaro. SRTs and R/Ts are taking priority.

RoswellGrey 05-17-2008 06:36 PM

Well, guess I might as well go ahead and get the Civic now, if Dodge is going to drag its heels on the V-6 production.

GTJeff 05-17-2008 07:08 PM

I feel your pain...

I was one of the first in my area to receive a new 2005 Mustang GT. I had ordered it when the order banks first opened in May 2004. Everyday, I thought about it. The production finally started in Oct 2004, and I could wait...

However, no cars were being shipped as it turned out, because of some kind of quality control issue. Patiently I waited and waited. Well it finally showed up one day in November and my salesman didn't even call. I just happened to call at 8:00 pm that evening and the salesman said: "oh yeah, your car came in at around 2:00..." [sm=chairshot.gif]

I couldn't sleep that night and was at the dealer first thing in the morning. They had to call the saleman and get him out of bed so he could do the paperwork. Needless to say I finally got the car home.

The first few months were fun driving around and watching people almost wreck trying to see this car. When I stopped at a store, people would come up and want to talk. It was definitely a high, while it lasted.

Of course now, after 3 1/2 years, they are a dime a dozen and the excitement is not the same.

I have been reading these posts and kind of re-living the excitement that you will have in being one of the first to get a special car like the Challenger.

So anyway, hope that helps and maybe I'll see you on the street ...[sm=gears.gif]

1971cuda convert 05-17-2008 09:24 PM

IM sure the challenger will get alot of looks . I have several buddies wanting rides in mine .I also have a few wanting to race .:D