Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

Old 05-16-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

I have all the recent posts automatically sent to my e-mail address and I just had to start this new post! I whole heartily and in the bottom of my heart feel, and in my gut I KNOW THAT THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING FISHEY GOING ON AT DODGE and that just maybe some of thier dealers are a part of what ever it is!
Just look at all the evidence posted on this and the other 3 forums that I and any of us can read. So many excuses that make no sense at all, all the "status" changes with those that actually ordered one, the few sightings of built Challengers on the road. OH and including the one I saw and chased thru 3 traffic lights 2 weeks ago. It was confirmed to me yesterday as one of the members of my car club followed the guy home as he pulled it in the garage and asked him if he could look at the car...the guy told him it was not to be shown for several weeks and he was told to drive it as little as possible till then . My friend asked why and the guy said he could not answer that. The guy lived in a really big fancy mansion type house in the Long Beach Island area. Who has these few Challengers and why?
Do you ever wonder how so many people get those front row tickets to concerts that you were first in line when they went on sale and could not get good seats? The same thing here with Dodge. Hmmmmmm

I, myself have now contacted 47 dealers as posted before and I asked that I be called with any news of when I could see one, or get a brochure. or just look at one on the floor. Not one dealer has called about anything. I have got a brochure and buyers guide from Fred Garza from Fiesta Dodge in San Antonia Texas and he said he can now order me a 2009 but he has no definite pricing yet. Fred Garza said he is trying to be the official authorized dealer for this forum but I know nothing about that yet. He is the ONLY dealer thats done what he said and seems tob a honest guy.

To those members that are not bothered by these delays and problems caused by this mess I say GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE!

And to all those including me that are getting very frustrated and some a little angry I say I AGREE WITH ALL YOU, AND THINK YOU ARE ALL RIGHT IN THINKING, SAYING, AND COMPLAINING with your posts on?or about something is going on thats just not right with DODGE, CERABUS, CHRYSLER, ETC or whoever is the cause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS 2008 and a technological world we live in today and I for one think and say that there is ABSOLUTLETY NO EXCUSE FOR WHATS GOING ON!!!!!

I'm now at the point that I think crazy ideas of getting us all to file a class action law suit and maybe just the thought of that may scare some info out of Dodge.Or maybe If someone knows somebody with a little pull at a TV network or station and get them to ask Dodge whats the problem that you have so many angry customers?

I don't know what more to say other than if anyone else has any ideas or thoughts please post them on here.
Thanks for reading my rantings. God Bless YOU ALL and Thanks, FATCAT[]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:41 PM

Default RE: WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???

Count me out of your rant..law suit no thanks... When I ordered this I and my dealer looked at the press releases at the time and came to a time line that is right on I excpect my car by my birthday 6/26 if I remember you dont have a 08 do you , order an 09 or wait till the are on the lots next year .. Peace
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM

This is an extraordinary car. As such, it's reasonable to expect extraordinary circumstances. It looks like Chrysler is making damn well sure that all cars that roll off the line are demonstrations of what Chrysler can do and how great this car really is. If they rolled the Chally off the like prematurely and screwed shit up royally you'd be making a similar post about "why didn't they wait". Let them get this ironed out.

I have a feeling that these cars won't "trickle" in. Once the official okay goes to ship'em out I bet every day we're doing to see people with grins on their faces and a brand new car on their driveway. Give it time.

Hell I just canceled my '08 orders an got my deposits back this Wednesday to go for an '09 SRT8 w/6-speed. I was all amped to get my car ANY WEEK now. Now I'm going to be waiting even more months. It sucks... it really sucks. But on the same token, I know I'm going to truly love the car and Chrysler is going to make sure it's an amazing machine before they OK the thing to be shipped out.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:01 PM

FatCat have you tried breathing exercises or Tai Chi.

Simply stated, no wine before its time.

Remember Chrysler never said when we would take delivery, only when production would start. You know the drill, first the mules, then the line tests, then the regluation test vehicles, then the demo promos then, then ,then, the production cars. or some such silly order. Oh and throw in a few software and hardware clitches and CAW negotiations and viola here we are. They are coming. (lie detector off) relax, you will (probably) see a whole lot of them in three weeks and many more in four. hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it. (Speculation filters engaged Just to indulge and amuse you Fatface [sm=burnout.gif] ) -Try this conspiracy theory So what would you say if Chrysler surpises us and introduces them ALL as 2009's instead of the elusive introductory limited run 2008s. Granted it would "look" odd, since there has been so much press, but I don't think it would be a precedent? hahaha - naw - couldn't happen. I think 6400 will miraculously appear in about 2 months. I DON"T think they will be special though, the 2009's have the advantage. Years from now they will view the 2008's and the 2009's as the same production run. Perhaps that is why Chrysler has extended Hemi-Orange till the end of the year? (?doubt beyond?) Not that they were "listening" but because they knew early on there were software/form/fit/finish issues that had to be resolved, causing delays. Oh and throw in a CAW negotiation too and what ever other factors beyond their immediate control. It all adds up to

THeY WilL Be HeAR, when they Be HEAR. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

FatCat, just buy a 2009, and be done with it. I did, it will help calm you down. Then all you have to do is sit back, smile and dream of what it will look like parked in your garage. When it shows up, it will be a good day. (Oh, and worth as much as any 2008).

You can try Yoga too, make those deep moaning sounds. OOOOooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hear it is very relaxing.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:05 PM

If you read all my post I said " god bless you for your patience and understanding" and I asked no one to join my rant but merely pointing out and agreeing with many other frustrated members of this forum, again I'm sorry if I offended your senseabilities, FatCat
Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

FatCat have you tried breathing exercises or Tai Chi.

Simply stated, no wine before its time.

Remember Chrysler never said when we would take delivery, only when production would start. You know the drill, first the mules, then the line tests, then the regluation test vehicles, then the demo promos then, then ,then, the production cars. or some such silly order. Oh and throw in a few software and hardware clitches and CAW negotiations and viola here we are. They are coming. (lie detector off) relax, you will (probably) see a whole lot of them in three weeks and many more in four. hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it. (Speculation filters engaged Just to indulge and amuse you Fatface [sm=burnout.gif] ) -Try this conspiracy theory So what would you say if Chrysler surpises us and introduces them ALL as 2009's instead of the elusive introductory limited run 2008s. Granted it would "look" odd, since there has been so much press, but I don't think it would be a precedent? hahaha - naw - couldn't happen. I think 6400 will miraculously appear in about 2 months. I DON"T think they will be special though, the 2009's have the advantage. Years from now they will view the 2008's and the 2009's as the same production run. Perhaps that is why Chrysler has extended Hemi-Orange till the end of the year? (?doubt beyond?) Not that they were "listening" but because they knew early on there were software/form/fit/finish issues that had to be resolved, causing delays. Oh and throw in a CAW negotiation too and what ever other factors beyond their immediate control. It all adds up to

THeY WilL Be HeAR, when they Be HEAR. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

FatCat, just buy a 2009, and be done with it. I did, it will help calm you down. Then all you have to do is sit back, smile and dream of what it will look like parked in your garage. When it shows up, it will be a good day. (Oh, and worth as much as any 2008).

You can try Yoga too, make those deep moaning sounds. OOOOooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I hear it is very relaxing.
73cuda340, I'm 65 yrs old and don't have the time to wait till 2010 for a Camaro or a new Dodge Charger 2 Door Hartop that comming in 2010,and I do Chi, Yoga, Deep breathing and most of all MEDATATION which helps a lot but then I log on to this forum and go to the "Does anyone have a 2008 Challenger on order " thread and read those posts and all my hard work is shot right down .....I'm so glad that you have the patience of a saint and I said that in this post.....But! nobody and I mean Nobody is gonna convince me that Dodge gives excuses, excuses could not treat thier customers with a little more respect by merely !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! giving them some HONEST information as to why the delays as many were told different things and dates and what about all the different lies....opps stories that Dodge put out ....I 'm not going to list them ...you go read them like me ....in any case like some on here have said , E-mails don't cost a cent and Honesty is the best policy.....I E = RESPECT
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM

Preach it fatcat you guys know I have had my days were I was ranting .I have since started a new project to help take my mind off it .But I also feel dodge could do alot better leting the custumers know whats going on .And will never give up my 08 I want my car as soon as possible .And if my dads gets here first witch it looks like it will as he is in D1 and im not I will steal his
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 PM

FATCAT, I am not mocking, I hear you. I really do hear what you are saying. I'm older too.

Try this angle. Chrysler just went through an acquisition. Have you ever been part of an M&A (merger and acquisition). They are hard. very hard. Few if any go smoothly. Cerebus is flexing its muscle, no douht. Chrysler is trying to assert itself, no doubt. Those two worlds could collide and manifest themselves in a number of ways, - production delays and communication problems not being the least. Neither are good, but they eventually resolve themselves. I think this is likely a part of the issues. Look at a fact, Chrysler has announced very few of its other 2009 models. Chrylser has made very few announcements at all. There are few R&D statements coming out (except for the recent announcement they are killing the ZC-D27 and ZC-D29). By now, you would see lots of R&D statements, the 2009 production year is upon us.

Also, there are many studies and advisory sessions going on right now. Chryslers is trying hard to listen and react. (Their new CEO is not known as the most congenial guy, so some of these "open forums" abruptly get squelched, but then re-appear like a pheonix.) Some of what you read is Chrysler "trying" to communicate to the community, unfortunately they are not the most adept Internet users and information gets "twisted". Something I am certain of is Chrysler is sharing more with the blogs and forums than it is internally. No one (ok, to be accurate, I don't know any one else "in" Chrysler) is more frustrated with the lack of internal communication than my cousin of 35+ years.

So I suggest, if you want to be in the know, or better, suggest what the know is - participate in an advisory forum.
I participate in several of these forums. I see Chrysler clawing for its life. It pains me to see the company I love going though this.
So, I suggest if you want to know what is going on, and you want to converse with the ear of Chrysler (reps), join a Chrysler advisory forum. Here's one, this one is a bit lame, but it is open to the general public: chryslerlistens.com

Old 05-16-2008, 08:30 PM

fat cat..i gave you a name to a good dealer locally over on the dealer horror stories thread
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 AM

73Cuda340, I jioned that group 6 months ago. Sent them several suggestions all in a very nice tone, never heard a word back. So you see I try everything the minute I hear of it or see it in hopes of getting somewhere with some info or about ordering a 2009. I've given up on a 2008 . FATCAT
ORIGINAL: 73Cuda340

FATCAT, I am not mocking, I hear you. I really do hear what you are saying. I'm older too.

Try this angle. Chrysler just went through an acquisition. Have you ever been part of an M&A (merger and acquisition). They are hard. very hard. Few if any go smoothly. Cerebus is flexing its muscle, no douht. Chrysler is trying to assert itself, no doubt. Those two worlds could collide and manifest themselves in a number of ways, - production delays and communication problems not being the least. Neither are good, but they eventually resolve themselves. I think this is likely a part of the issues. Look at a fact, Chrysler has announced very few of its other 2009 models. Chrylser has made very few announcements at all. There are few R&D statements coming out (except for the recent announcement they are killing the ZC-D27 and ZC-D29). By now, you would see lots of R&D statements, the 2009 production year is upon us.

Also, there are many studies and advisory sessions going on right now. Chryslers is trying hard to listen and react. (Their new CEO is not known as the most congenial guy, so some of these "open forums" abruptly get squelched, but then re-appear like a pheonix.) Some of what you read is Chrysler "trying" to communicate to the community, unfortunately they are not the most adept Internet users and information gets "twisted". Something I am certain of is Chrysler is sharing more with the blogs and forums than it is internally. No one (ok, to be accurate, I don't know any one else "in" Chrysler) is more frustrated with the lack of internal communication than my cousin of 35+ years.

So I suggest, if you want to be in the know, or better, suggest what the know is - participate in an advisory forum.
I participate in several of these forums. I see Chrysler clawing for its life. It pains me to see the company I love going though this.
So, I suggest if you want to know what is going on, and you want to converse with the ear of Chrysler (reps), join a Chrysler advisory forum. Here's one, this one is a bit lame, but it is open to the general public: chryslerlistens.com

Quick Reply: WHATS REALLY GOING ON WITH DODGE AND THESE CHALLENGERS???