Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What's Up with the Dodge Web Site?

Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's Up with the Dodge Web Site?

Can any one figure out why the Dodge web site still says "pricing coming soon" for the Challenger. We have all known the MSRP for weeks now. Also, a few days ago, edmunds.com posted the invoice prices as well.

As you all know, the 2009 SRT prices increased $2K over 2008. Could it be that Dodge is considering increasing the prices on the R/T and SE?

I posed this question to Bob Fredericks on redletterdodge and all he said was that "Dodge was way behind."
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's Up with the Dodge Web Site?

That frustrates me too, I want to play around with building one on the site. The memo where they announced the 09 SRT increase was the same memo where they announced RT and SE pricing. So I *hope* that they would not increase the prices over what was announced already. Could be they're just slacking off on updating the website.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Hey I feel the same way.... I went on there last night assuming that it wouldn't be updated for the Challenger so I figured I would play around with the new Ram but that wasn't on there either...wow...lol... they are seriously slacking.
Do they even want to sell these things?? Or do they just want to talk about it.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Despite the fact that I will be buying one of their products I find it difficult to defend chrysler. And as much as I love the challenger it probably wasn't the best idea to put it into production. I hope they prove me wrong about that though.

I'll put some of the blame on the internet-age, we demand immediate information about everything now. It used to be, the car shows up in showrooms with a brochure and appears in commercials and people rush out to buy it. Now we sit around oogling over every minute detail for the 3 year production cycle.

That said, chrysler has to adapt. Their handling of this pre-order situation with the challenger has been pathetic, apparently their customer service has been outsourced to india, and their vehicle lineup is mostly a joke. It will be interesting to see if the company can turn around under cerberus. I hope they can produce quality american cars in the future, as opposed to chinese and japanese cars with american bodywork.....Chery demon? Nissan Hornet? That is fine during this transition to more fuel efficient vehicles but hopefully that's just to get them onto the right track so they can start doing it themselves.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 AM

The Mercedes Challenger is awesome though
Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 PM

I don't believe they are planning on "upping" the prices from what was previously publicized. When I ordered my car back on the 13th of June, all the facts and figures were in the order systems as stipulated in someone else's posting around that time (including the base pricing). Everything came out as expected for me with the pricing. I just figure their technical staff has not been able to push the web site work through.