Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who else will be in Chicago??

Old 01-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else will be in Chicago??

OK, so from a vacation standpoint Chicago in February would just about be my last choice.. but since that's when and where the production model is rolling out, it's a given that I will make the trek.
I was just wondering how many other folks out there plan to do the same, and if anyone knows of any good flight/hotel packages, please let me know!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 AM

Default RE: Who else will be in Chicago??

Waiting for the Albany NY Auto show in April - closest to me.
Thought about making a trip to a "major" auto show, but since I won't be getting one until '09, what's the rush?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Depends on what you want the car for. The 2008's are going to be limited production and serial numbered SRT-8's.

The collectors will be shooting for the 2008's and paying a premium for them. If you're not really interested in that, wait til '09 because you'll be paying about $20k over sticker for an '08.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 AM

I will be lucky to even get one in 2009, realistically will be even later than that. But I still want to go see what the production version looks like, what has changed, what hasn't, etc.
Seems more than worth it for the price of a round trip ticket and one night hotel
Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 AM

you will be able to get all that info on the internet not worth wasting all that money to go see a car that you will be able to see on your comnputer that day i am sure there will be a ton of photos
Old 01-04-2008, 11:12 AM

I understand what you are saying and for the most part agree, but in this case I have to make the exception and see this beauty in person the second she comes rolling out
Old 01-04-2008, 12:16 PM

I will probibly be going to the chicago show but for the auction on the 19, wont the production car be their? Or is it the concept?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:16 PM

I agree that being at the show to see the real deal is far more exciting than seeing it online. Granted, it will be on a platform where you can't touch it, sit in it, or get near close as you'd like, but it is the dream come true for all of us. I would love to trek there, but with a new job, no vacation to speak of, and not being selfish to my wife and kids, I'll wait for word from those of you who do attend to post pictures and your thoughts of our new baby! Standing by for now.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 PM

I've posted two or three times my plans to attend Chicago.

Leave Detroit Fri Feb 8 afternoon, Stay over outside Chicago (have hotel room already) make it to McCormick when it opens and see Challenger. Come home same day. Any Detroit area members going too?

Are other cars going to be there too?
Old 01-05-2008, 04:50 AM

Wouldn't miss it. Went to detroit for the concept. Well worth it.

Quick Reply: Who else will be in Chicago??