Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

joani short 03-31-2008 05:57 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

i found out today that d status means its on the assembly line---when it changes to d1 its moving and thats when we will get a eta date
i will let you all know when mine changes from d status---again good luck to you all

70sguy 03-31-2008 07:01 PM

Today when I spoke with Dodge I received a reference # so whenever I call again, it should be a little more speedy. The various times I contacted dodge they have been very helpful and pleasant with passing of as much information as they were allowed. I think it's pretty cool to follow your Challenger through the assembly process. I was wandering if other vehicles get this much attention or rather annoyances from the public trying to obtain information. It would be interesting to learn how many calls a day and hits on the website for info on the challenger.

DSkippy 04-01-2008 12:52 AM

There's a thought for a money maker. Charge $500 and provide a making of your vehicle option. Someone opts for this and Dodge just has various static mounted video cameras at each stage of the assembly line videoing the assembly of each car. They tag each car slotted for video archiving, and deliver it w/a dvd of it being made. How cool would that be?

RoswellGrey 04-01-2008 01:32 AM

Nah. I don't think you'd want to see your car rolling past someone who's asleep and not tightening the bolts properly or actually see the empty soda cans getting stuck inside the doors. ;)

vino 04-01-2008 08:51 AM

just called, still in "C" status. quess i have to wait a little longer.

70cuda 04-02-2008 12:36 PM

Friday my dealer checked and said he had three cars on order and mine(the first one) had a VIN#, the other two did not. I was told a year ago(when I put my name on the list)that the dealership did not sell over MSRP. He wanted no money down at the time, so I put none down. Friday he said they would be charging $5000 over sticker. I am planning on taking it when it comes in, even if I could find a dealer selling at MSRP(which I doubt)my name would be at the bottom of the list. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY SHOES?????????
I really have the itch for one too.

70sguy 04-02-2008 12:56 PM

Cuda,

I would have confronted him about your previous agreement first thing. Number 1 make sure the car is assigned to you, 2 sit down with him and discuss original agreement, hopefully you clearly spoke of the price you were willing to pay.
I placed a $1K deposit, non refundable, no options $42k, had them make me a copy of the von sheet, we wrote the amount on the sheet & we both signed it, both have a copy, case closed. I wanted the car and knew time was against me, so what do you do? Buy it of course.

Always remember anything to do with money get it in writing, don't be afraid it's your money.

RRUNNER 04-02-2008 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 70cuda

Friday my dealer checked and said he had three cars on order and mine(the first one) had a VIN#, the other two did not. I was told a year ago(when I put my name on the list)that the dealership did not sell over MSRP. He wanted no money down at the time, so I put none down. Friday he said they would be charging $5000 over sticker. I am planning on taking it when it comes in, even if I could find a dealer selling at MSRP(which I doubt)my name would be at the bottom of the list. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY SHOES?????????
I really have the itch for one too.
70cuda,

Check you email.

RRUNNER

70cuda 04-02-2008 07:09 PM

70sguy,

When all of this took place, a year ago, I knew nothing about pricing or money down or anything else. The GM put his name on the order
when he had to have a name, but always told me I got the first challenger to arrive. Since I have nothing in writing and no money down I'm sorta at his mercy, you know what I mean.

70cuda 04-02-2008 07:12 PM

RRUNNER I did.
Thanks