Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

fatcat 04-26-2008 04:30 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

90TR, Thanks so much for your help. I've already went to their web site and filled out a request form and let them know I want to buy one of thier Challengers when they get them in and offered $1,000 over MSRP . Thats really the most I'm willing to go what with the New Jersy sales tax at 8 % that I will have to pay when I title any car from out of statend there's no way around it. thats another $3.600. So lets see what happens and thanks for the heads up! FatCat

ORIGINAL: 90TR

Fatcat....

Try these guys: http://www.cfchrysler.com/index.htm. I was in there about two weeks ago to pickup the handout book for the Challenger (which is nicely done) and these guys told me I could have one for the right price. I think he said they have a Black one and an Orange one coming and were not going to sell them until they arrive. I want to get it with the 6 speed, so I am waiting until the 'crazzzzzzy time' is over. My take-away from the meeting was that they were looking to see how much over MSRP they can get.

Good Luck.

fatcat 04-26-2008 04:37 PM

mpbg43, thanks for the offer but to be honest I'd be willing to go $1,000 over MSRP but with the current New Jersey sales tax at 8% that would be $3,600 on top and if I paid $5,000 then it would be like paying $50,000 for the car . I'd really love a 2008 because of the larger Hemi motor but not at that price. If thier willing to sell at my price you got a deal, but I doubt it Thanks so much for the offer , FAT CAT

ORIGINAL: mpbg43

Hey Fat Cat ... my buddy told me today he was going to cancel his order next week.. lots of reasons .. he was at 5k over msrp, in the Chicago area... Orange all 3 options.... if you were interested perhaps I could put you together with my friend and the Salesman we both worked with .. if not its ok... when we put our deposits in .. we were given in writing, that we could get a full refund should we change our mind for any reason .. and we kind of know the guy ...

dcxfan 04-26-2008 07:11 PM

i just checked my vin again and it does'nt show loading on the truck, like it did yesterday-i hope things don't change for us
Joani

RRUNNER 04-26-2008 07:38 PM

Wow, I hate to hear that. Just when it seemed we were making progress we take a step back. Keep us updated Joani.

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

i just checked my vin again and it does'nt show loading on the truck, like it did yesterday-i hope things don't change for us
Joani

ru1041 04-27-2008 01:03 AM

Hello Everyone.
I need some help trying to understand this ordering/ production thing.
I had been looking to order one for a while, sent emails to dealers, etc. A couple of weeks ago a dealer called and said they had one available, some one had
backed out. They were selling at MSRP, so I put a $1000 deposit down quick, fast and in a hurry. After some discussions they said they could get one like I wanted,
orange with all the options and had it on order.
So heres my question. I asked about a vin #. They say they cant give me a vin number until its ready to ship, but they could let me know when production started. Am I missing something?
Is this how the process works? When? if at all, can I expect a car?

Thanks

birddog 04-27-2008 05:36 AM

Joani, I was wondering if you would mind checking on my status also. Not getting much of anything other than D status from everyone I contact. My VIN is 8H289763. Hemi Orange. No options.

Joani for President.;)

dcxfan 04-27-2008 06:43 AM

i am making a list of the vin numbers as you guys are requesting info ---it looks like i am only able to get info so far on 8h289230
i will check later to check numbers good luck joani

RRUNNER 04-27-2008 07:23 AM

Joani, If you would be so kind, please check 8H290791. Thanks.

fatcat 04-27-2008 11:20 AM

[:@]...OK everyone, I finally found out why I'm having such a hard time ordering or buying a Challenger. Its because..........TA DA .....so many of them ARE BEING SOLD ON E- BAY.....the lousy rotten dealers are doing it ......count them right now....there are 42, 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8's up for auction from dealers all over the united states. I'm sorry but I think that really stinks big time!!! Remember that Dodge announced back in March that they would only accept real orders with real customers names and addresses.....thats why I think this stinks so much......Capitalistic greed !!! of course I'm sour because I want one too , but I am a end consumer and willing to pay what the factory MSRP's them at, and even a little more for dealer profit! But this IS NOT!!!, the true law of supply and demand.....like i said before its the dealers holding back along with the factory with info and everything to create MORE DEMAND TO HOLD THE PRICE HIGH . Good luck to all you lucky people who happened to find those few honest dealers and I wish you the very best with your Challengers !! Fat Cat

70sguy 04-27-2008 11:32 AM

To all that has their cars on the way, NICE! Hope mine doesn't take to long to move to D1 status. Hopefully dodge will crank up production now.