Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-23-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

does anyone on here live around windsor or near the 401 who can keep an eye out. maybe ill go camping this weekend in brampton see if i can spot my car. this is killing me. in the famous words of charlie brown ARRRRRGGGGG!!!!![:@]
Old 05-23-2008, 04:10 PM

ok, according to my automotive news magazine that I got today, they built 555 between 5/12 and 5/17, and shows a total of 937 for the month of may.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:19 PM

Automotive news doesnt work at that plant as does our informant . Sofar Budman has been our only real sorce of good infomation . I vote we make him head of public relations .[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 05-23-2008, 05:23 PM

OK... here's the deal. I jump onto RLD and check out comments on Bob Frederick's last article in the blog. The last comment reads as follows:

Hey people check out the 2009 challenger web site and see 18 photo’s of the brampton plant and the cars.
(I have no idea what he's talking about)

So I call my dealer... he says "oh you wanna know your status... let me look it up and call you back." He calls back and says still in status D. So I ask "just what is going on with the Challengers?"

He says... out of the blue... no prompting from me whatsoever... "well they're waiting for the June 15th event. They are building ALL the cars and holding them until the 15th, and then going to ship them all at once and make a huge event of it from what I hear." Then he says he will try to pull whatever he can out of his Dodge dealer rep.

Then for some unknown reason I jump back onto RLD and once again check out comments on Bob Frederick's last article in the blog. A new comment has appeared that reads as follows:

OK I have been thinking about this for some time now, and as crazy as it sounds and Yes I know it sounds Crazy. What if dodge is Planning to ship all 6400 cars at once?! Great PR Stunt. No one gets to have their car first (months before another) All the Challangers hit the streets with in days of each other. Big announcement, everyone looking for them all running down to the dealership to get one? Maybe all this delay is just so they can get them all built and shipped?
I think this is what they are doing... the logistics seem almost unimaginable in scope... but I really think this is what Dodge is up to. Anyone care to share thier comments and ideas??
Old 05-23-2008, 05:29 PM

sounds great BUT they need to build alot more than 50 a day for a june release
Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM

MY SALESMAN HAS BEEN TELLING ME THAT FOR TWO MONTHS THAT,MOTHER DODGE WAS GOING TO BUILD THEM AND RELEASE THEM AT THE SAME TIME DID'NT BELEIVE THEM UNTIL NOW BUT I WILL SIT BACK AND SEE AND STILL RIP HIM A NEW ONE ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK LIKE HAVE BEEN DOING. I HAVE ALSO BEEN SENDING MOTHE MOPAR A EMAIL EVERYDAY FOR TWO WEEKS WITH A FEW CHOICE WORDS .MY GUESS IS WON'T HEAR FROM THEM ANYTIME SOON,UNLESS MY CHECK BOUNCES WHEN I PICK UP MY CAR
Old 05-23-2008, 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970

sounds great BUT they need to build alot more than 50 a day for a june release
I am begining to believe this is just "hype" propaganda...

ORIGINAL: robertdodel

...MY GUESS IS WON'T HEAR FROM THEM ANYTIME SOON,UNLESS MY CHECK BOUNCES WHEN I PICK UP MY CAR
I believe that would definately get thier attention anyway...
Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Anyone out there near the Brampton plant fly a plane or know someone who does and take a flight over the plant to see if their stockpiling them outside?

A picture of several hundred Challengers would be not only neat, it would support several hypothesis' going around.

Hope the 08's get out and they get my 09 done ASAP.

Eric
Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 PM

If they plan on shiping all cars at the same time there better get there but in gear [sm=gears.gif] and I mean like yesterday .And if they can pull shiping all cars out one day well then [sm=hail.gif] to the cars at Dodge .
Old 05-23-2008, 08:55 PM

HAL

It looks like you have been drafted!!!
What are you doing this weekend?
Dont forget to fly over the Windsor plant and the rail yard

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

Anyone out there near the Brampton plant fly a plane or know someone who does and take a flight over the plant to see if their stockpiling them outside?

A picture of several hundred Challengers would be not only neat, it would support several hypothesis' going around.

Hope the 08's get out and they get my 09 done ASAP.

Eric

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?