Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

good morning Joani any changes or updates ?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:25 AM

JOANI, BUDMAN , or NEIL, I have a guestion, a suggestion , and or some food for thought. Even tho I have a 2009 ordered its still painfull and aggravating to see what apparently Dodge is doing to all you that have 2008's ordered. I'm sure they are not doing this on purpose but something is screwing up the system for sure. If you know of some HIGH UP EXCUTIVE in Dodge or Chrysler and thier E-mail or Snail mail address maybe you could write them,( or give me the info and I will) and explain one thing to them. Now they may have thought about this already but just in case.....No 1. they have a lot, I mean a LOT!!! of angry potential customers out there and No 2, the more they try harder to get these Challengers delivered the more they will be seen by the masses and I truly believe that fact alone will cause more sales! Proof being thats what happened with the Mustangs, all models of them! From all my contacts , car friends, retirement community club, Mens club, VA club, these forums, the Elks club, and I have a lot of friends in the car business,(the lower end of the business), that are talking about this car as being different and a really hot seller. I'm just saying maybe to transmit this info to someone high up it may be a LIGHT BULD moment! Or they just don't care and what they are doing now is thier strategy to hold the cars up awhile and keep the prices inflated. I honestly believe that over a 3 or 4 year run they could sell several 100,000's of thses cars in all trims because they look different and are not cookie cutter type like so many of ALL the other cars made today! Thanks for reading and listening, FAT CAT.

PS ...I almost forgot for any nay sayer.....yes I amit I have a second agenda to make sure I hopefully get my 2009 before 2010
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM

that being said there is also the potential to hurt the business bad with the old we don,t care you will buy it any way attitude that is so prevalent among upper brass and high end dealerships. its the dealers like neal and joani that are down to earth that deserve our business and i don't want to see the smaller dealerships suffer. but the idiots selling these cars for 25k ++ who cares i hope their challengers rot on the showroom floor. as for the on time (or lack thereof) delivery i think dodge should at least include us in the 2.99 gas prog. or throw in some acc. it would go a long way to easing the attitude that people have right now
Old 06-21-2008, 09:20 AM

The anticipation is killing a lot of us and we are ticked off, but once we get our car we will forget all the misery and suffering we went through while we waited. Let's face it, not many have their cars just yet, but everyday a few more arrive and we see more happy campers. For the most part, people are getting their cars as ordered and the wait won't be much longer. Keep the faith, it will be here soon. Good luck to all.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:36 AM

Does anyone knoe who to find out what train your car will be on . For some reson my VV report say when my car reaches Memphis it will set at the railyard for 5 days or thats what it looks like to me . MY dealer doesnt have a proublem with me picking it up if I can gather up the info and why would they let it set for 5 days do the have to have a full load of cars for that area before they let them out of the yard or is it just a VV error .
Old 06-21-2008, 10:08 AM

NICE....http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
Old 06-21-2008, 10:31 AM

1971cuda
once you car hits the train the dealer is able to get the train number and be able to track it for you -as what mine is doing at every train depot point it passes it updates
mine yesterday went threw 3 points in Indiana and now is in decator Illinois as of 656 am this morning it should update again at the next point soon....
if they don't know how to check it tell them to go to dealer order status then use drop down screen to lc then pull up your car and have them click on t this will pull it up for you...
have them copy and send it to you.......if not vin vision will do the same but may be a hour or two behind....good luck Joani
Old 06-21-2008, 10:33 AM

Joani can you give me a call ?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM

Joani - Can you please tell me where my car is. My dealership is closed on the weekend.
8H290977.

ORIGINAL: dcxfan

1971cuda
once you car hits the train the dealer is able to get the train number and be able to track it for you -as what mine is doing at every train depot point it passes it updates
mine yesterday went threw 3 points in Indiana and now is in decator Illinois as of 656 am this morning it should update again at the next point soon....
if they don't know how to check it tell them to go to dealer order status then use drop down screen to lc then pull up your car and have them click on t this will pull it up for you...
have them copy and send it to you.......if not vin vision will do the same but may be a hour or two behind....good luck Joani
Old 06-21-2008, 11:16 AM

Budman, can you tell me where Jimmy Hoffa is?

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?