Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 06-25-2008, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Still D1 but should be in frame FRI or MON
ORIGINAL: 04mach1

would someone please check 8h302789

thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Budman, any word on 301482... India can never give me consistant information and still has not reappeared on the Challenger tracker. Any help would be great! Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 05:05 PM

could u check 8h289484
Old 06-25-2008, 05:06 PM

BUDMAN....Hold ESP button for 5 seconds full off....for off road only.....
Old 06-25-2008, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

ORIGINAL: GPMAN

I have read a lot of posts wanting to disable the ESP. Do you have stock in Goodyear Tire Co? Even if you were to drag race the car, and I am sure most wont, you would want traction, right? I have raced most of my life and I can tell you a real racer would not want to sit in a cloud of smoke. They want to get from point A to point B faster than the other guy.

If you have to look cool, just put the car in manual first gear and shove the pedal to the floor. Oh yeah, and make sure your local tire store has your size in stock.

DiamDave,
The reason people want to disable these (helpfull) features is that they take away from driver skill. Most racing organiztions ban traction control because it makes those with less talent more competitive. Real race drivers steer with their hands and their feet. A brake tourque burnout is really not a burnout. A burnout without ESP and traction control means hold on baby, we're goin for a ride.
Hey GPMAN,

Hows it going, when is you Chally due in? Hope soon.

The ban on traction control means just that, no traction control. Not allowing a disabled control on a vehicle.

I still feel that those who want to smoke their tires can do so without any mods to the car. I have seen many posts by private owners showing as much. Also, many other features, antilock brakes for example, help the driver.

These cars are being purchased to show off, have fun and or bring back memories. I doubt most, if not all, will never be used as a competitive racer. I for one am very impressed with the engineering in my new Challenger and dont plan to do much other than a CAI and possibly exhaust mod. Additionally, why risk voiding your warranty over something that really does not matter? Brake torque verses no brake torque?? Well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Good luck and may we all be posting pictures of our cars soon,

Dave

DiamDave,
The tracker says my car is in paint. Hockmed says it's D1 and my dealer employees are not helpfull. I stopped by Monday and they said they could not pull up the info but would call me later. Guess what? No call But I'm still fired up seeing everyone else getting theirs. We are really close.
I know most people want a car for show. The last thing I want to do is take it to a race track. The wear and tear is not worth it. However, if I had the chance to do a doughnut like the winners do after a big race, or do a rolling tire smoking funny car burnout now and then, I'm all for that. If you stomp down on a Vette or a Viper, you better have lots of road that bad boy ain't going straight (if ESP and traction control are turned off)
Old 06-25-2008, 05:15 PM

Budman,

Was that 7:30 am or pm, but if its diverted what does it matter. Will it recieve decal and badging tomorrow? Is Windsor too backed up?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:18 PM

enjoy you will love the car.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:20 PM
awc

Day 15 in D1 status, still no changes. From those of you that have your vehicles, or are into the frame or paint stage, how long did it take you? Joni, if you don't mind and have the time, could you run 300713 for me please? India has told me twice now that my vehicle will be shipped on the 27th, and frankly I can't see that happening when it doesn't appear to have been built yet. I'd really appreciate some VV info if you get the chance. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:27 PM

Just got back from a cruise night in Port Perry Ontario (home of Playboys Playmate of the Year) and My Challenger got more attention than any other car there, there was always 10-15 people around asking me questions (this car draws lots of attention so be prepared), 3 women gave me their phone #'s LOL, I won't call them though, my wife would get upset, well maybe she would get over it?
Seriously though the car is spectacular all you guys will love them when yours arrive.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

It is in E frame and will be in paint in about and hour

Hey Budman,

Any news on mine? 8H302160

Thanx,

Dave
Hi Budman,

Thanks for the update. Great to finally see some movement! How is your car doing? Any problems or just pure bliss? As far as the ESP goes, I agree just push the button. This works in my Charger.

Again thank you and any further updates are always appreciated,

Dave

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?