Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-26-2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Joani,
Any info would be greatly appreciated dealer is worthless 2B3LJ74W888302789

Thanks,
Brian
Old 04-26-2008, 08:49 AM

Joani, thanks for the info. I hope they are on schedule. Mine is Hemi Orange and all options. I'm not sure yet how I will get it to CA. I've toyed with the idea of flying out and driveing it back. Depend on my work. Otherwise I'll just have it shipped. It would sure be sweet to drive it out here. we'll see.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi Joani,
I know my number is high but I can't get my dealer to tell me anything. Can you check 2B3LJ74W08H302088.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 PM

what is the highest # anyone has seen ,,,,,,,mine is 8h302946
Old 04-26-2008, 01:38 PM

Does anyone have a handle on what kind of order they are being built? It does not seem sequential by vin#. Is it by color, option packages, regions, or what. It does seem that customer sold orders would go through first and dealer stock if any would be last.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:11 PM

[:@]FATN CAT HERE ...ATTENTION ....ok I 'm the guy who just can't seem to lock onto any kind of a Challenger to order , buy or put a deposit down! But this I swear on my childrens lives I saw one on the road yesterday!!! I had to go quite early for blood test in Manahawkin NJ and I had to fast for these tests from the day before so no food. After the tests I stopped at a Dunkin Donuts at the corner of Rte 9 and Bay Ave in Manahawkin NJ for a coffee and a roll as I was famished. I was just getting in my car and set the coffee in the cup holder as I looked up towards Rte 9 there it was ....a 2008 SRT-8 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger waiting at the light to turn left onto to Bay Ave which takes it to Rte 72. I dropped my roll in my lap , started my car and took off after it but got caught at the intersection light. I could still see it heading to Rte 72 west and as the light changed, I really took off chasing it down ....I just wanted to look at the car and maybe ask where he got it.....no such luck...I did manage to get close enough to see who was driving it and to see that it had regular NJ car plates on it. It was a man driving it and no " Dealer Plates" but I was about 3 cars behind him as we went thru one more traffic light and when we reached a second light on Rte 72 the Challenger got thru and I was stuck behind 3 other cars as he kept going. Arghhhhhhhhhh Light changed I took off again but he was nowhere in site.....either turned into one of the malls in the area or into one of the residential ares and I lost him....IT was definitely a 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 in Hemi Orange and my point is ...IT WAS ABSOLUTLEY AWESOME.......my tummy got sick , I'm so depressed , angry, frustrared at Dodge Corp and their dealer you can't believe.....Oh and YES to the 2 members that contacted me with dealers that might sell me one.....I talked to both on the phone ....no Challengers available for sale ...all their alloted cars are sold...but I love this car and you members are so darn lucky......just hang on a while longer they are comming .....and I'll keep trying. I hoping that this Fred Garza is successfull in becoming the websites authorized dealer and maybe he can order me one .....ANYWAY everyone just hold on and you will soon be one of those lucky members with me chasing you down , LOL Good luck and Best Wishes to All you fellow members, FATCAT
PS; Just so everyone knows who might have a lead, I have the cash now to buy this car and I'm willing to fly just about anywhere in the US and drive the car back or maybe have it shipped in case any of you gets a lead, thanks again
Old 04-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Joani if you don't mind could you look mine up? It is hemi orange with all options with VIN 8h289282.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM

301048 IS MY VIN EXCITED ABOUT THE DELIVERIES THAT ARE STARTING TO HAPPEN TALKED TO MY SALESMEN TODAY HIS STORY WAS THAT ALL THE CARS {6400} ? WERE GOING TO BUILT THEN RELEASED AT THE SAME TIME....SO EVERYONE GETS THEIRS AT THE SAME TIME,SOUNDS LOGISTICLY IMPOSSILBLE TO ME
BOB
Old 04-26-2008, 04:00 PM

Fatcat....

Try these guys: http://www.cfchrysler.com/index.htm. I was in there about two weeks ago to pickup the handout book for the Challenger (which is nicely done) and these guys told me I could have one for the right price. I think he said they have a Black one and an Orange one coming and were not going to sell them until they arrive. I want to get it with the 6 speed, so I am waiting until the 'crazzzzzzy time' is over. My take-away from the meeting was that they were looking to see how much over MSRP they can get.

Good Luck.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 PM

Hey Fat Cat ... my buddy told me today he was going to cancel his order next week.. lots of reasons .. he was at 5k over msrp, in the Chicago area... Orange all 3 options.... if you were interested perhaps I could put you together with my friend and the Salesman we both worked with .. if not its ok... when we put our deposits in .. we were given in writing, that we could get a full refund should we change our mind for any reason .. and we kind of know the guy ...

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?