Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 07-26-2008, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Test. I hate typing a message and then can't post it.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:24 AM

I wanted to thank everyone that helped talk me out of canceling my order once again. It was definitely worth the wait. I love watching all the attention it gets everywhere we go. And not only does it look good, it drives and handles better.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 AM

Picked up my car last night. WOW!! All of the amenities are definately cool!!

My wife was just okay with my decision to buy this car. But now that we have it, I think shes smiling more than I am. She loves the car.

Already put on the CAI. Its a snap, anyone handy with a wrench and screwdriver can do it in less than 20 minutes. Also added the floormats and door sills. Both are a must!!

Had the exhaust modified this morning. I removed the muffler, replaced with pipe and left the resonators in place. What a difference!! So far I love it. I will be going on a road trip tomorrow and will have a better opinion on highway drone. I am also going to compare side by side with flowmasters, I will let you know my opinion.

The power, handling and feel need to be experienced! The seats are very comfortable. My father in law sat in the back behind my wife. She had the seat a little forward and he said it was comfortable back there. Just a little hard to get in and out of the back seat.

The navigation and U-connect is fantastic! Love the features. I am planning on getting a Lock-Pick so I can do more while in motion.

Now for the bad.

The stereo does leave a lot to be desired. I thought with the amplifiers, bass in the trunk and 13 speakers it would knock my socks off. I had to set the bass on full, just a little midrange and turn the treble completely off to get a sound I like. Dont get me wrong, its not bad, just not as good as I expected.

The passenger seat needs to get power adjustments. As I saw posted somewhere else, I too cannot find how to access the back seat from the drivers side. This is a major design flaw.

The brake dust is as expected. I hope it will reduce somewhat after a few hundred miles.

THANKS TO EVERONE ON THIS SITE!!
Dave

Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 AM

Awesome Dave!
We have tracked our cars together for some time now. Mine is almost to el paso and due in at 1:00am on Monday :-)
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

Awesome Dave!
We have tracked our cars together for some time now. Mine is almost to el paso and due in at 1:00am on Monday :-)
You might want to do a glue inventory Andre... got enough to get started on your mods??
Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Thanks a lot Andre. Cant wait to see yours in your hands too! I will let you know on the exhaust, but I seriously think what I did gives an awsome sound and saves around $300. I had done this with my charger, but did not know what it would be like with the 6.1L.

Good Luck,

Dave
Old 07-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Congrats Dave!

It is an awesome car.

My cousin is a manager at a Honda store. I stpped by there this morning and emptied the building and took my cousin for a little ride. There we still outside when I returned.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Not sure I should spill the beans but...

A HUGE CONGRATS TO RUBBERBNDMAN!!

I just got off the phone with him... he will soon be heading home...

In his brand new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 in Bright Silver Metallic...

Way to go RUBBERBNDMAN!! Cheers!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Awful nice of him to score a silver one just so I could see a silver Challenger in the flesh...

Now he gets to deal with the terminal grin...

Old 07-26-2008, 06:48 PM

just got back from vegas with my kid and last night when we cruzed the strip i could not belive how many dumb ass people are out their i don't know how many times i heard theirs the new CHARGER i'm yelling back IT'S NOT A CHARGER DUMB ASS IT'S A CHALLENGER even this lil 13 year old girl knew it was a challenger when we drove up to mc Ds thats bad when a lil 13 yr old knows more than grown men..........lol
Old 07-26-2008, 06:50 PM

Congrats on the car Dave

I had some fun myself today I was geting on the HWY and ran up on a 08 Black challenger I was in mine Hemi orange and flew past him running about 85 then I look back and here he comes next thing I know were running around 115 flying plast everyone for about 10 miles the I had to get off on my exit . He rolled down his window gave me a big thumbs up and was on his way . was pretty cool looking back there at that speed and seeing another challenger .

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?