Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a VIN!!!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Alright Brucer41 whats goin on here ? it is bad enough that the dealers are trying to bid thses casrs to keep the price up ....now you want to start a bidding war with me over some glue and a case of beer...GEEZE ALL MIGHTY whats next I'm already high just keeping my head on waiting for this dang car and now you gotta start ....well I'll go a case of glue and a KEG of beer to whoever finds my vin vision report FAT CAT[sm=gears.gif]
fatcat, no sir not trying to escalate a bidding war at all with buying this car I cant afford to! lol Just so darn tired of the way Chrysler is treating us, information wise. With the way these cars are in such demand and at the price you would think they would deal with customers a bit better. Besides, cant share too much glue as I need to keep my supply up for the long wait!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 AM

Brucer41 I hope you know I was only kidding around and I take from your reply that you know this. In any case we can definitley share any glue and the keg as we wait for our cars. From what I have seen with the 2008 s and since I ordered mine on May 15 it looks like we may be in for a long wait also DARNIT!!! If by chance you have read any of my posts you will see how Chrysler and Dodge is treating me. Sure they answer me but with conflicting answers and even different that what my dealer tells me , ARGHHHhhhhhh OK , If you don't mind me asking when did you order yours and what did you order IE model and color? I am not sure where you live but if on the east coast maybe we can get together for a beer or something, if not the very best of luck getting your CHALLENGER. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: brucer41

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Alright Brucer41 whats goin on here ? it is bad enough that the dealers are trying to bid thses casrs to keep the price up ....now you want to start a bidding war with me over some glue and a case of beer...GEEZE ALL MIGHTY whats next I'm already high just keeping my head on waiting for this dang car and now you gotta start ....well I'll go a case of glue and a KEG of beer to whoever finds my vin vision report FAT CAT[sm=gears.gif]
fatcat, no sir not trying to escalate a bidding war at all with buying this car I cant afford to! lol Just so darn tired of the way Chrysler is treating us, information wise. With the way these cars are in such demand and at the price you would think they would deal with customers a bit better. Besides, cant share too much glue as I need to keep my supply up for the long wait!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 AM

fatcat, of course I know your kidding! So am I. We have to drain the tension somewhere dont we? I have read your posts about Chrylser and Dodge and although I am not in contact as much as you are I see this sort of thing also. I have bought Chryslers on and off through the years and this is the absolute worse I have ever seen it. The last one I bought was back in 99. I bought a Durango (new) and the experience was so easy and quick I was astonished then, now I realize it may have been a fluke.

I am in the MidWest, about 40 miles SW of Chicago. I do get out sort of your way time to time as I am from Connecticut and also when I have to go to the Corporate HQ in Murray Hill. One of these days when I am out that way we shall have to hook up and we can sure share a beer or three.

I ordered an 09 SRT8 in Hemi Orange on 13 May 08. I didnt get the sunroof, MyGig or all season tires. I did get the 245/45ZR20 255/45ZR20 Perf Tires, 6 speed, and the SRT Option Group II. I didnt get the fancy stuff as this is my part time fun car and I didnt want all the toys for the money Dodge wanted.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Brucer41, COOL at least you went for the SRT which I really wanted but if your married you know the drill that you kinda have to appease the little woman sometimes and my wife absolutley would not agree to the $2,100 gas guzzler tax so I waited and ordered a 2009 R/T in hemi Orange , Auto trans, 28J , Electronics conveince pkg, customer perferred pkge, 20 chrome wheels, the perfomance tires like you got , a spare tire and the hood to fender stripes.
I have to say though that if I was to order a SRT like you I would have ordered it the same as you. AWESOME a true muscle car with not to many bells and whistles LOL

I don't get to the midwest at all but Murray Hill is not that far away so it would be great to compare notes over a few beers anytime. Just let me know if ever, when and where, or post on here or if you have a place to keep addresses here is my E-mail address: wboyd18993@aol.com.
To finish , I agree how totally screwed up Chrysler a Dodge seems to have gotten with what I think is a hot seller for them. If they got their act together I bet they could sell like 75,000 to 100,000 of these cars in all models. I just read somewhere that they are limiting the R/T 's to 45,000 what the heck goes on with that ? Arghhhhhhh Totally dumb IMO. Even though one of Dodge's letter said I might see mine in late August I know darn well thats not true ! He He He so I'll wait whatever along with you , let me know if you hear more about yours. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-24-2008, 06:53 PM

I agree how totally screwed up Chrysler a Dodge seems to have gotten with what I think is a hot seller for them. If they got their act together I bet they could sell like 75,000 to

I thought in the past I said
That many will be waiting a very long time
before they ever see the car.
And many will never see the car because of the dealer being to small.
I am sure you are better off getting a Challenger Rt off of a dealers lot.
Yes you will have to call a few dealers.
But at least Dodge will not make you wait like you are doing right now.
Geeeee Instead of complaining
you can find a 2009 Challenger rt if you want to look a tad......
Screw ordering one
I would buy a challenger rt but I want to see what the Camaro SS will look like
Old 08-25-2008, 05:40 AM

Ok my normal Monday AM call to the endless misery of the Dodge support line has brought somewhat good news, my status has changed back to D as of this AM. I wont get my hopes up that this means D1 is next but I can be optimistic I guess. I have seen on other boards though that the 6 speed SRT's are starting to roll so that is good news there.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: eslickness
Screw ordering one
If you REALLY want the car, as Im sure Brucer and Fatcat do, then they did the right thing by ordering it. If for some reason, heaven forbid, their orders dont go through, then they STILL have the option to search the dealerships. And who says that if they see the car they want on the lot, they cant cancel their orders and buy it....IF the price is right that is. Having a car on order gives you the best chance to get EXACTLY what you want. With cars in a dealers inventory its hit and miss. You MAY find what you want, but then it could be marked up to a price you arent willing to pay.

In your case, since you are waiting to see the Camaro, and arent sure you even want a Challenger, then you are doing the right thing in your circumstance. Different folks = different strokes. What works for one person, doesnt always work for others.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 AM

Well said skids33t! As you said fatcat and I sort of have this wired. Trust me, I do the Monday AM call to Dodge to check status but also check the autotrader and other online search engines to see if there are any SRT's showing up anywhere. Since I ordered a lesser optioned SRT I am sure that I do stand a chance of finding one with the options I want and if I find one with more options it will be no real big deal unless they are gouging the price. I can always back out of my order AND get my $1000 deposit back. I talked to my dealer and he told me that if I do find one elsewhere I can work with him and they will get the car and I can buy it through them and they will put my ordered car into inventory, no problems there.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 AM

My car was F status last Friday and JS today. I hope it gets shipped soon.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:57 AM

eslickness the great one ....the Mesiah of cars knows all tells all ...if you only knew what I have gone thru and how many dealers I have already called since December of last you you would not talk about the past to me. As for buying off the lot thats exactly what the dealer wants as he makes more money that way than pre ordering at an agreed price! Plus I don't want some totally loaded up or totally stripped down model either so I get EXACTLY what I want! So then if you agree that Dodge is screwed up then you agree with us and now you can be totally happy waiting for GM to bring out that over priced upscale Camaro as we go thru the gears in our HEMI CHALLENGERS YEAAAAAAAAA Good Luck ,Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
PS: I challenge you to find any R/T on a lot right now even close to what Brucer41 or I want , There are NONE!

ORIGINAL: eslickness

I agree how totally screwed up Chrysler a Dodge seems to have gotten with what I think is a hot seller for them. If they got their act together I bet they could sell like 75,000 to

I thought in the past I said
That many will be waiting a very long time
before they ever see the car.
And many will never see the car because of the dealer being to small.
Screw ordering one

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??