Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

GREAT!!! I know you will be pleased.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

As we speak, my Challenger is about three miles from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current
Constructive Placement 09/21/2008 01:36 AM EDT On Railcar - Kirby, TX

Future
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 09/21/2008 02:00 PM EDT Kirby, TX
Unloaded From Railcar 09/22/2008 02:00 AM EDT Kirby, TX
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 09/25/2008 12:00 PM EDT Fiesta Auto Center
San Antonio, TX

Now, it has to go about 17 miles across town so I can bring it home.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Drat. Or maybe not drat. I went over by the rail yard in Kirby and could see no sign of the Challenger. I suppose it's good in a way, since they apparently keep the new cars out of sight of the road. At any rate, I didn't see it or any others.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM

Well I didn't go to my rail yard as it's 100 miles north of me and so big I couldn't get near the cars anyway. But if it goes according to schedule as it has been right along on the money with every scheduled move then it should be delivered to the dealer tomorrow sometime. The dealer says not till the 25 or 26th and he will call me. I'm thinking I may just go park across the street and wait a few hours cause I really want a picture of it comming off the trailer. Plus to be honest I don't completely trust the dealer. My gut says he wants to use it a few days to display in the showroom before calling me. So I don't know what to do as the dealer is also like 60 miles north of me and if he calls it will still be an hour to get there. If I park acroos the street tomorrow in the afternoon it may not come and the dealer is right about the delivery.ARGHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh what to do....I know I'm so damm impatient , LOL.....Thanks for listining guys sorry for the rant, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Drat. Or maybe not drat. I went over by the rail yard in Kirby and could see no sign of the Challenger. I suppose it's good in a way, since they apparently keep the new cars out of sight of the road. At any rate, I didn't see it or any others.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 AM

fatcat, it is ok to be impatient! If I was in your shoes I may have gone to the railyard just to see if I could see the car. I think knowing it is so close is agoniozing beyond all belief. You will have loads of fun with it once you get it anyway. am in agony as mine still has not moved frm plant dispatch since last week. Everyday they add another day to the ship and deliver section. This is getting nonsense. Not sure why the car hasnt moved but I am getting pissed.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:52 AM

Well, I MIGHT be able to get the car later today. The dealership got it sprung from the rail yards a few minutes ago and it's on its way over there. Guess I better get over to the bank and shift several grand into the checking account.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 AM

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He managed to get in touch with ENCS HQ. They are tracking my car in E status with a shipping date of the 29th. While this is good news, I have some bad news to go with it. I just got confirmed that I am indeed going to Afghanistan. I cant say exacty when I will be leaving, as that would be a security violation on my part. Suffice to say, that I will not be here for the delivery for my car. I was really hoping I would be able to slide by on this one, but no dice. I begin training my replacement tommorrow.

Oh well, at least I dont have worry about my cars arrival date anymore. I wont be the one picking it up anyway. [sm=violin.gif]
Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM

SKiDs, well great news always comes with bad news. Sorry to hear you have to go play in the "other" sand box. The good part is that you have an awesome car waiting for your return. Keep your head down and prayers for you to get in and out safely.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 AM

SKiDs, Sorry to hear your not going to be able to see your car when she comes in. Be careful and come back safe.

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He managed to get in touch with ENCS HQ. They are tracking my car in E status with a shipping date of the 29th. While this is good news, I have some bad news to go with it. I just got confirmed that I am indeed going to Afghanistan. I cant say exacty when I will be leaving, as that would be a security violation on my part. Suffice to say, that I will not be here for the delivery for my car. I was really hoping I would be able to slide by on this one, but no dice. I begin training my replacement tommorrow.

Oh well, at least I dont have worry about my cars arrival date anymore. I wont be the one picking it up anyway. [sm=violin.gif]
Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM

Sounds like Christmas morning for a lot of you guys.....it's fun to see how a car can bring so much joy to so many.............Enjoy, and I know you will.................
Old 09-23-2008, 03:05 PM

KZ baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??