Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

ROFL! Lets hope not.

My bet is the acceleration G-Forces broke his hip and hes in the hospital. In the meantime, the Doctors are trying to figure out why he cant stop Grinning.

P.S. JB status now! Big Red is on her 210 mile trip to Windsor to get her beauty mark installed.

P.P.S. Was checking Google Maps. Didnt realize how close Windsor was to Detroit. Just across the river.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 PM

Instead of editing my previous post AGAIN with a P.P.P.S, decided to start with a fresh page.

I got an update on my trip to the great oceanless beach. Its looking like no sooner than early November. (again cant be specific due to security policies)

If EVERYTHING goes perfectly, according to my VV report Big Red will arrive at port on Oct 3rd. If that is the case, and I can get on a ship within 2 weeks, there is a possibility that I will see my baby before I leave.

Id like to say Im not holding my breath, but who am I kidding! There is a glimmer of hope, and I am embracing it!

Heres to turning blue in the face! [&:]
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM

Well folks, things are starting to roll now. My car was built Wednesday and passed inspection last yesterday. I checked my Vinwin this morning and nearly choked to death on my coffee when I saw a delivery date of 9/28!!! The car is still listed as JS (in storage) and I didn’t really expect it to ship out this quick, I was hoping for mid October at the earliest. I called my dealer and she said she’s got it listed as being on the truck on its way to her. She said she could get it as early as today! I don’t think that will happen but I’ll keep a look out. I am going to be out of town this weekend and my dealership is on the other side of the state. I talked to my brother who kindly volunteered to venture to the dealer Sunday if it arrives (he’s still hoping I’ll let him drive it at some point that first day). If it does show up Sunday I will take a half day on Monday and make the trip back across the state and pick her up. I can’t believe she’s almost home!!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:22 AM

Mine is done and inspected and is on the truck from Brampton!!

They are saying 10-9-08 it will arrive at the dealership here in Texas.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:22 AM

I just went into D1 this morning

It's all starting to become a reality now...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 AM

I've been following my car's status which is currently:

.. Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 09/18/2008 07:34 AM EDT Windsor Assembly, ON
.. At Facility 09/18/2008 09:39 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. Truck Dispatch 09/18/2008 07:00 PM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON
.. On Hold 09/19/2008 12:00 AM EDT Windsor 98, ON
Current
.. At Facility 09/19/2008 11:26 PM EDT Windsor 98, ON

I haven't seen what the Windsor 98, ON location is? Can someone with more understanding clue me in here? It says it is in JB... not sure what that new "Windsor 98, ON" location is....

-Todd
Old 09-26-2008, 07:56 AM

brucer41 and all my other forum friends...and I'm sure I can call you friends because I feel your pain and see your concern for me and others.
FINALLY after a long search and just as long wait my 2009 Dodge Challenger is here in my hands and comfortably sitting in its new home. I need to say this to everyone here. I read a lot of posts debating theSRT 8's against the R/T's and SE's about who's is better , faster, and what not. Well I drove my 2009 R/T Hemi Orange Challenger some 63 miles home from the dealer yesterday and I don't care what anybody says this is a TOTALLY AWESOME CAR NO MATTER WHAT MODEL YOU HAVE !!! We all have different opinions, likes and dislikes and thats what makes us free americans with different personalities, charactertics that allow us to make many varied choices.
BUT, we all love Mopars so that brings us together and thats why I say this car to me and I'm sure many of you one of the best Mopars EVER!!!
The minute I pulled mine in the garagea downpour started and hasn't let up much since. Now you know i'm not taking my baby out in the rain but I promise as soon as the sun shines I will take some pics and post them along with a few driving thoughts.
brucer41 and the many others waiting for your Challengers I'll still be here waiting to hear about yours and hoping for you that they come soon !!! Till then keep the faith as everyone before us was right......THE GRIN IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME......my face cracked on both sides from grining and smiling so much. They were also right about the attention it gets with people driving by with stares and thumbs up. Driving slowly out the dealers lot a telephone guy was up on a 6 ft ladder working on a phone box when he jumped down mouth open wide stood there staring as I drove by and gave me the thumbs up. Same thing at 2 toll plazas with one guy blocking traffic to ask me questions while waiting to pay our tolls in 2 different lanes.
OK enough for now as usual I talk to much, sorry, Fat Cat[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Fatcat, I just cant fathom your pain at this point. I would be jumping out of my skin to know it was that close and after all of this time the dealership is dragging its heels. Sounds like BS they cant give you your car because the managers are out. I would be homicidal about now if I was in your shoes. You have the patience of a saint sir. My car is still in KZ and the post by Venthos earlier about what codes VinWin shows may mean I am actually in KZM as the my delivery date has not changed at all and that is Monday the 29th. So I am praying its true and I see something good soon. I am going to swing by the dealer after work today and see if he has any news.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:39 AM

Fatcat - YEEHAH! I am glad for you... How do you like the hood-to-fender stripes!? I love mine, I think they look like WAR-PAINT! I have added just a few nice "little" touches to my R/T. The Challenger stainless door sills (from Mopar Super Center) and an adhesive-backed R/T logo (like the one in the grill - also from MSC) to the right corner of the spoiler. I liked that look on the Test Mules we saw pictured and I wanted that same look for my car. The emblem is actually for the Charger, but exactly matches the grill logo of the Challenger (just slightly bigger, but no one will notice from one end of the car to the other). It really looks good on the spoiler. I also asked the dealer to throw in the splash guards as part of the purchase. They're custom fitted front and back and are necessary because of stuff "thrown" by the power going to the tires. They look good (not too big). That's it, no other cosmetic changes planned at this point - I don't want to over-do it!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

brucer41 and all my other forum friends...and I'm sure I can call you friends because I feel your pain and see your concern for me and others.
FINALLY after a long search and just as long wait my 2009 Dodge Challenger is here in my hands and comfortably sitting in its new home. I need to say this to everyone here. I read a lot of posts debating theSRT 8's against the R/T's and SE's about who's is better , faster, and what not. Well I drove my 2009 R/T Hemi Orange Challenger some 63 miles home from the dealer yesterday and I don't care what anybody says this is a TOTALLY AWESOME CAR NO MATTER WHAT MODEL YOU HAVE !!! We all have different opinions, likes and dislikes and thats what makes us free americans with different personalities, charactertics that allow us to make many varied choices.
BUT, we all love Mopars so that brings us together and thats why I say this car to me and I'm sure many of you one of the best Mopars EVER!!!
The minute I pulled mine in the garagea downpour started and hasn't let up much since. Now you know i'm not taking my baby out in the rain but I promise as soon as the sun shines I will take some pics and post them along with a few driving thoughts.
brucer41 and the many others waiting for your Challengers I'll still be here waiting to hear about yours and hoping for you that they come soon !!! Till then keep the faith as everyone before us was right......THE GRIN IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME......my face cracked on both sides from grining and smiling so much. They were also right about the attention it gets with people driving by with stares and thumbs up. Driving slowly out the dealers lot a telephone guy was up on a 6 ft ladder working on a phone box when he jumped down mouth open wide stood there staring as I drove by and gave me the thumbs up. Same thing at 2 toll plazas with one guy blocking traffic to ask me questions while waiting to pay our tolls in 2 different lanes.
OK enough for now as usual I talk to much, sorry, Fat Cat[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Fatcat, I just cant fathom your pain at this point. I would be jumping out of my skin to know it was that close and after all of this time the dealership is dragging its heels. Sounds like BS they cant give you your car because the managers are out. I would be homicidal about now if I was in your shoes. You have the patience of a saint sir. My car is still in KZ and the post by Venthos earlier about what codes VinWin shows may mean I am actually in KZM as the my delivery date has not changed at all and that is Monday the 29th. So I am praying its true and I see something good soon. I am going to swing by the dealer after work today and see if he has any news.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:41 AM

I already said it in another post, but congrats Fatcat! I hope the rain lets up so you can go out and play soonl.

VENTHOS! Its about dang time you joined the D1 club! I know you have been in agony the past month or so waiting for all your scripting to pay off for YOU! Hopefully you wont be stuck there too long though.

I sat in D1 one day short of a full month, but it looks like I'm moving along nicely now. I hope there isnt too much of a line in Windsor for my stripe. Still holding my breath and hoping that a miracle strikes and I get to pick up my car myself.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM

Fatcat, CONGRATS DUDE!!! Man it must be wonderful to have gotten your car. Of course now we shall need to see pics, read your impressions and hear all about it. Really really good to see folks here getting their cars.

Quick Reply: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??